engine question..

ron89

Feb 20, 2008
bensalem PA..
well i think i toasted my bottom end and maybe my stroker crank is fked up, i cant see spending another sh*t load of cash on this motor, i was gonna buy a bottom end with a stock stroke crank, but my 240 cyi is ported for a 4mill is there any way i could get it reported or some thin for the stock stroke?.

sell the bike and make a kickass 400ex...hahaha jk...but i doubt you can report it...like i guess u could say unport it....seems like you would just have to by a new cylinder

ok damn that blows, i found a another motor on craigsist it has a 240 cyli on it and a 3mill stroker he said it has a fresh rebuild and new crank bearings for 6bills comes with a 35mm carb and i think pipe sounds like a good price to me?.

Picture136.flv video by ron4938 - Photobucket

took a little vid you cant hear the noise but there is some thin like piston slap and a killer vibration.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would think that a new +4 crank,bearings,seals,gaskets would be cheaper than a whole motor for $600.But it does have some goodies to go with it.Plus your case has already been trenched for the +4 so it is only the crank and neccesary bearings etc.A rebuild sounds like it is the most cost effective way.

I would think that a new +4 crank,bearings,seals,gaskets would be cheaper than a whole motor for $600.But it does have some goodies to go with it.Plus your case has already been trenched for the +4 so it is only the crank and neccesary bearings etc.A rebuild sounds like it is the most cost effective way.

yea i was thinking of just having it rebuilt from top to bottom, cause i pulled the head and the cyli is trashed i am amazed it still ran and had good comp. i was thinking abut sellin er cheap but i just cant do it lol.

yea i agree.100 shipped for bearings,seals,gaskets and 180 shipped for a hotrods +4