Engine knock

Engine is knocking. Thick white clouds. Doesn't like to idle

• Bad mix ratio? 87 octane gas?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Small exhaust leak in rubber neck between the two exhaust parts?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

David Lemke

May 2, 2018
So my 250 Blaster was running perfect two weeks ago when I took it out. I had just bought it and I'm not sure what the mix ratio the previous owner was using but I ran 2 tanks of 32 to 1 gas now it is smoking really bad like a thick White Cloud and doesn't like to idle without babysitting it. I'm switching to 50 to 1. The engine is knocking now as well, this is my first quad and I know relatively nothing about 2-stroke engines. HELP!!

No, knocking would be either piston or crank. Best to fix it before you blow a case out. Remove exhaust and reeds to inspect the piston.
We'll go from there.

hey, im new to this forum. just bought myself a blaster :p... doma racing exhaust, wider axle in the back. and thats it far as i know. im having the same problem as David has. the bike seems to run perfect and it keeps a good idle when the engine is warm. but im hearing a knocking sound louder than my exhaust sound. i already removed the complete cilinder. checked the piston (no marks or anything out of the ordinary) the needle bearing seems to be good also. still the sound is loud