electrical issue. no spark or lights

Scott, it honestly sounds like a ground issue or a bad stator.

Im with the others. Try your known working good stator. You dont really have many plays left if youve tested everything else.

ok. well it did turn out to be a gound issue. we got it up and running tonight. We switched my stator, ignition coil, flywheel and plug over to steves quad. got nothing but headlight. so for some reason we tried it with the switches off and got 1 single spark. then nothing. so we kicked it a few times in the ON position and then turned every thing to OFF and got the 1 spark again when we kicked it. I was baffled so i called civic and while we were talking i started looking at the swithes closely and at some point a black and white wire got switched with a ground. Have no clue how it happened but it did. when we rebuilt new the harness i just told steve to hook everything up like it was. the wrong way. lmao! got a good ground into the switches and cdi and presto bango we got spark. started second kick and idled like a champ

Now, you need to go through all of your spare parts when you get home from this trip and (with a good working wiring harness) check each and every part. If they work, put them on the shelf. If they don't throw them away! I suspect that without the "kill" wire inadvertantly hooked to ground, all of your "unknown" parts will work fine.

BTW guys, the real break through came not from swapping parts but when I said "ok, I understand that you unhooked the keyswitch and handle bar switch. Now unhook the black/white wire from the CDI box and see if it sparks and it did. A quick trace of all of the black/white wires revealed a connection behind the headlight that wasn't supposed to be there.