Ebay Stator with bare wires

burndout

Jan 23, 2011
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Picked a stator a few weeks ago and went to hook it all up today and noticed that some of the insulation around the wires were cracked and missing. I gave negative feedback as the listing stated it was used but in usable condition. Bare wires to me is NOT direct usable condition. The seller quickly emailed me and asked what he could do to fix it. What is a reasonable thing to say? I need a master cylinder for the rear brakes and saw that he also had one for sale and asked about the size of the inlet at the banjo connection was and asked what kind of deal he could to to 'make it right'. Was this too much? I havent heard back from him since but its only been a day or so.

You should of contacted him before leaving feed back. There more willing to work with you to keep from getting the negative feed back. You already gave it so I don't know how willing he's going to be to work any good deals with you.

Generally the best thing to do is to contact the seller before giving bad feedback. Nowadays, people will do nearly anything for another positive feedback. But in that case, explain your issue and see what he offers.

To me it depends on what you paid for it.

If you bought a 20 dollar stator, you got a good deal even if you had to repair a few wires which is not a big deal at all.

If you paid 50 or more for it, yeah, Id be urked if I had to work on it too. But I also know not to leave neg feedback till the issue is ignored, or not resolved to my liking. So, you may get the finger, or he may help you, but I dont know if asking for a master cylinder in exchange for a couple of bare wires is really fair, given it doesnt take much time at all to repair those wires.

I guess I may have screwed myself as I left the feedback already. Is there anyway to change the feedback IF he is willing to make a deal?

Also I didnt want the master cylinder in exchange, it was listed for a cr125 with the pedal, rezzi, and cylinder for $50, i thought maybe a discount or something?

I paid $40 plus shipping on the stator.