Easiest way to open Blaster case

chee_dee

Feb 26, 2019
South Africa
Hi guys, new here and new to Blasters. Recently obtained 3 and busy sorting them out bit by bit.

First mistake was to change the oil on one. Sump plug stripped. I bought the magnetic type and yes, the magnetic bit has broken off now and is wedged somewhere preventing me to select a gear higher than 3 or 4.

So, now, it seems I have to strip the complete unit to get in there.

Question 1: Is there any other suggestion on what to do?

Question 2: Which way is the easiest to split the case? From the Clutch side or from the Magneto & Flywheel side?

Please advise.

TIA

Thanks, I will watch that tonight when I am home. So far I have progressed on the stator side with the flywheel and stator removed. It looks like I can leave the clutch side alone. Hopefully that is the case.

Will see tonight, not in the mood to strip the whole gear assembly part.

Thanks for the response.

Reactions: Awk08
Thanks, I will watch that tonight when I am home. So far I have progressed on the stator side with the flywheel and stator removed. It looks like I can leave the clutch side alone. Hopefully that is the case.

Will see tonight, not in the mood to strip the whole gear assembly part.

Thanks for the response.

I like to pop the stator side off myself using a 2 jaw puller to push the crank and pull the case off, then either thermal expansion of the bearing, or a tusk crank puller, to re-install

I like to pop the stator side off myself using a 2 jaw puller to push the crank and pull the case off, then either thermal expansion of the bearing, or a tusk crank puller, to re-install
Thanks. That's what I was looking for. Case is split now. Fabricated a puller tool. Just getting some sealant today and It will be closed up again.

Fabricated puller worked like a charm, should be just as easy to push it back over the shaft for fitment.

Reactions: Awk08
Thanks Awk. Fabricated my own puller and saved a few 100 bucks. Worked like a charm. Thought I'd share some pics.
Puller (1).jpg
Puller (2).jpg
Puller (3).jpg
Puller (1).jpg Puller (2).jpg Puller (3).jpg

Reactions: lucknuts