Dynoport pipe review

Wifesblaster

Built not bought
Feb 10, 2012
Maryland
Well as a lot of you know Woodrow Wilson and I had some custom pipes built at Dynoport this past weekend. We have custom leager frames and wanted to take advantage of the extra space we have in front of our motors. Rich at dynoport was convinced he could give us more hp and a lot more overrev because of added space. Here is how it went....

We spoke with Rich a few times before making the trip. Just so happened that when we needed the pipes he was swamped with custom snow mobile pipes, it was his busiest time of the year. Let's just say that he wasn't the nicest guy to talk to. This could be because he was overwhelmed working long days or he thought we were wasting his time.

We left at 2am Friday morning and arrived at 8:30am. When we got there he was completely different in person. Maybe this was because workload had returned to somewhat normal or he knew we weren't wasting his time. Very friendly and businesslike guy. Got the bike inside and talked a little bit about what we wanted out of the pipe. Rob is the guy that actually makes the pipes. Rob and Rich threw around some calculations and we started to work on the design. It was very apparent that Rob had been making pipes for a very long time. When asked he said over 20 years. He was amazing. He would literally make a sharpie dot on a piece and cut it on an angle with a bandsaw. Not once did he make a mistake when making 2 custom pipes. Even when he tacked them together the gaps were perfect. It was amazing to watch.

Took about 3 hours to do the first pipe once we came up with design. The second one was a lot faster. I dont have it dialed in yet, but it's getting close. I also bumped my compression up and am now running race fuel. This pipe never stops pulling. I have had a lot of different pipes on this bike and I can honestly say that this pipe is BY FAR (not even close) the best pipe I have ever had. Here are some pics. I will get some better ones after I get it dialed in and cleaned up. Overall it was a great experience and I recommend them.
20150315_130107.jpg
20150315_130116.jpg

That things looks AWESOME!!!!

Are you going to get it plated or coated or keep the raw look?

I think I like the raw look. We are going to try to clear coat them with 2000 degree clear and see how it holds up. If it becomes a pain to keep it looking good I'll just get it coated.

That pipe looks great. I like the raw look and I hope the clear holds up for ya. You need to get us a video so we can see and hear it rip.

Video will be coming soon. Still getting it dialed in. Had to drop the main 4 sizes because of the change to race fuel. Its getting closer. Waiting for pilots and needles to come in.

Awesome looking pipe! Hard to tell in pics, but looks a little like the blaster Dyno port high volume pipe with a longer header to move the pipe forward, the diffuser looks to be about the same, the belly may be bigger, the baffle looks AWESOME with the pie cut welded look, the stinger looks longer. They make great looking pipe!

Well these pipes were also made to the same volume specs as a 250R. The off the shelf pipes are made to 200cc specs.

Well these pipes were also made to the same volume specs as a 250R. The off the shelf pipes are made to 200cc specs.

Did he ask you, or check, any specific engine specs ?
Like exhaust height and duration ?

Ccs, exhaust duration, temperature, wave speed, revs per minute are the major variables needed for production of header pipes!