Dyno graph pic

Well if you are getting 42 plus hp out of stock bore and stroke, How much do you charge for porting? And would there be any guarantee on Dyno numbers?

If u look up Nate McCoy on trx250r.net or Google you'll find that he's a reputable extreme performance 2 stroke builder . Now look up some numbers on other 2 stroke engines and look at the typical HP to CC ratios. The yz80 makes more hp than the blaster W half the displacement,lol. Now look @ the HP of the 265cc drag blasters . Do you think 65cc is the difference between 30 ish HP and 60-70 HP? The work he did was extreme and might not be good for anything but short burst down the drag strip Idk but it is completely possible! Infact I see it as a challenge!

Well if you are getting 42 plus hp out of stock bore and stroke, How much do you charge for porting? And would there be any guarantee on Dyno numbers?
If your wanting to know if we stand behind our claims, the answer is yes. Can i guarantee that everyone can tune their motor to the power we get, using their components, their carburetor, and their pipe? Probably not.
The engine setup is highly tuned, and will need to be setup correctly. And if it is, it will make it's power.

Last edited:
Best part is, Nate lives about an hour from me and the two blasters I am rebuilding will probably end up on his Dyno at some point. Along with my LT250r.

I agree it is possible. Dyno's don't lie. I'm curious on price.

As a matter of fact, Dyno's do lie!
There is a correction factor that can be fudged a bit.
You pretty much have to stick with one dyno as a development tool.
If your engine measures 40hp on your dyno and mine measures 37 on another,
don't go betting the retirement savings on winning a drag race, it doesn't necessarily follow!

Roller dynos and brake dynos often read different, heavy and light rollers will give different results.
All are usually within 10%, and motors will vary that much with weather and conditions.
It is all a pretty fuzzy science. They work best as a development tool.

All that said, Nate still has my attention!

Steve

Last edited:
When it boils down to it, no matter how much power you have, if you cannot put it into the forward motion in the dirt, you are pushing crap the wrong way.

The real proof of power is the forward movement and the size of the roost.

don't go betting the retirement savings on winning a drag race, it doesn't necessarily follow!

Roller dynos and brake dynos often read different, heavy and light rollers will give different results.
All are usually within 10%, and motors will vary that much with weather and conditions.
It is all a pretty fuzzy science. The work best as a development tool.

Steve

They can't lie 8-|, however they are often said to be "stingy" or "generous". Depends on which side of the numbers you are on :eek:.

I still have to go back through and re-read thisX( before I offer anything I:I

I just want to know how much you charge to port a cylinder and what setup you would advise to achieve mid 40's hp. I will be building a motor soon and I would like to know this information. If you are not interested in the work or if your services are unavailable i understand.

Nate, how much for porting?
Our single cylinder porting starts at $300. That being said, we are not anxious to sell a pile of these setups until we have a better opportunity to establish it's value in the real world, and in front of objective observers.
It does seem a little frustrating to face skepticism, and sell a package, then the skeptic, or his"builder" gets his hands on it to try his hands at copying it. He openly remains skeptical, all the while he's secretly trying to duplicate it to call it his own.
That being said, this is a Blaster, and no new market is coming here. So If someone is serious about getting something right away, pm me. We can discuss it.
It would be good to note that this setup is more than just "good porting". It is porting headwork, and good pipe too.

Last edited:

It is all a pretty fuzzy science. They work best as a development tool.

Steve
The modern Dynojet atv dynos have factory set calibration. And the newer ones all read similar. And that consistency has made them the industry standard in the US. There are very consistent too.
The fact is that we have had many motors dynoed on other dynos around the country after we had dynoed them. Sand Trax (Dynojet), Tulsa Oklahoma, GP engineering (Superflow), Garden city Kansas, Advantage Tuning(Superflow) Colorado Springs Colorado, Shearer Custom Custom Pipes (Dynojet), Hesperia California, Adrenaline Powersports(Dynojet), Citrus Heights Califronia. And several in the south, on Dynojets. But I am not familiar with those establishments. In each case the same, or higher power was observed on the other dynoes. So we are quite confident in our dyno numbers.
It is often however, when comparing dyno data on various motors that the common observers misses some of the most imoportant data by looking only at peak power numbers. Or worse, they look at peak toque numbers. Why each bit of information has usefulness, how fast a motors will be in the real world is more complicated than that.
Dynoes don't lie, at least not good ones. But they are often asked the wrong questions.
To determine how "fast" a motor compared to another, one must evaluate and compare the average hp over the usable rpm range.
In a drag race blaster, the best 2500rpm of power will tell the tale.
On a mx style motor 4000rpm could still be relavant to consider.
The most power averaged over the neccessary rpm range will be faster.
And even that is assuming a little much for me. But if the dyno simulates the real-world use, it will give real-world comparisons...

Last edited: