Dyno graph pic

thats interesting and also a very generalized statement. i would be interested to know the state of tune and how the graph looked. was it just peak hp? i assume not, but you never know.

Yes, very general. And I've explained why already. What do you really want to know about how things will work on what style motor?

Yes, very general. And I've explained why already. What do you really want to know about how things will work on yours,or what specific style motor?

sorry i didnt reread the entire thread. just wondering what the engine setup, drag, dune, mx, trail bike?

what porting 198/130? 202/128? what blowdown? squish? what carb? what fuel? what is the target RPM for engine? just saying one pipe runs better than the other really means nothing to me, or anyone else reading this that knows anything about 2 stroke engines. you dont have to state exactly what you did to the engine, but we have no idea what it even is. i dont expect anyone to give out the exact numbers, but a better idea would be nice. making something run hard, really hard, takes alot more than just grinding to a line anyway, almost anyone can grind to a line!

:D

did they make more peak HP for a short duration of rpm? or was it a significant gain across the range?

We explained early on that these were dynojet rear-wheel numbers. On the same dyno the stock motor made 16ish hp.

As to an update:
Since this thread started we have put quite a bit of time on the blaster setups, and we are very happy with how they are running. And by no means does the dyno number misrepresent the real-world performance. Instead it confirms it
We had some fun this summer running in the dirt, and at Little Sahara, in Wynoka, Oklahoma.
We have also tested a pile of inframe pipes, on various cylinders combos.
We have tested the Vitos "fat, and illegitimate" pipe, and were not impressed with the narrow power curve, but made ok peak power.
We tested other blaster inframes, and found that it is pretty easy to get into the high 20s to low 30s with many combinations, but things have to be working well on a stk stroke motor to approach the 40hp world. As a matter of fact no production inframe has done it on any of our 3 test motors. Most were as poor as 26-28, while the stock pipe, on the same motor was 23+, lol.

There are several reasons for that. And on our motor setups the common production pipes are severely mismatched with our setups.

The stamped shearer inframe had a nice curve, and worked well, at about 30hp, but was also out of it's league with the highly modified.

It is clear that the blaster world is hurting for a good inframe. And if the ones we have tested are representative of all you guys have to work with.
I now see the reason for much of the skepticism. And on the stk cylinder, 47hp on gas is essentially unbelievable with the pipe design the Blaster world is trapped in.

But the technology exists...
Now the question that we have to wrestle is, will the market support a new blaster inframe???

If you build it and it's finacially affordable I bet many would buy! As many blaster owners there are a new and improved pipe that has longer pull, and holeshot starts is music to our ears! If you build it they will come!

What compression ratio does that thing run? or atleast what psi is it?

I almost asked if it would get hot. Then I reread the description of it. O ring head - Looks as if a ton of people over looked that.

...I'm guessing something about 182-187psi static compression? depending on elevation..?

if it looks fast, its gotta be fast!!!!!!!!!!!!
You want picture too Tater? lol j/k
Sorry, but and haven't log on that often recently. So I have missed a little here.

We recently purchased a craigslist $150 beauty...lol top end cooked, and this ol' Blasty had been sitting for many years, stock and broken.
Since "Budget" and "Blaster" both start with a "b", we thought it would be fun to do see how much power we could make without Breaking the Bank.
Here is what we have done:
Bored the cylinder to 68mm.
Broke out an almost new 68mm Wiseco piston, :).
Busted out some Porting on cylinder.(no welding, no epoxy, no extra holes,lol).
Brandished a configuration and Cut the head.(no welding, no o-rings, just surface/dome machining).
Beat off the Black widows from the old carb-parts container, so we could add a 250r 34pj,
Bored the stk intake to fit the carb a little better.
Brought a Modified Shearer inframestamped pipe to it.

And we also worked the clutch over, to hold the power...
And for all you "how many lbs compression" guys-I just checked-it's about 60lbs when I kick it, or about 130-140lbs, if I crank it up to about 6k with the dyno starter in first gear, WOT. LOL (This is why we never use cranking compression to "guess" at the compression ratios, it's just too subjective...)
And here is what we have with 91 octane pump gas. Peak torque is at 8000rpm :

Attachments

• IMAG1024.jpg
    IMAG1024.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 387
Last edited:
nice job! what does "long center" and "big muffler" mean in the run titles? were you swapping parts?

and yeah, i need pics! i wanna see all that bling! j/k

nice job! what does "long center" and "big muffler" mean in the run titles? were you swapping parts?

and yeah, i need pics! i wanna see all that bling! j/k
Long Center is the lower rpm/torque version of the pipe that was a little too high rpm. And Big muffler is a big "quite" one. Any other questions?...lol
This low-buck hotrod would be a great one to try some of your pipes on Tater...With only modded stk components +Carb, and pipe, it puts a lot of emphasis on those three things. Maybe I should put a stk carb back on it?:)

The dyno runs posted are the first three runs, back-to-back after we got the clutch to hold... It is still strapped down on the dyno, and will get another shot. We will try another "junker" carb, but one bigger, either a bored pj, or if we test a v-force reed, we will likely change the intake and try a bigger carb.

It's a little surprising to me that this little/simple setup is already almost 42 hp-nearly the power of 3 stock motors. Fun.

Long Center is the lower rpm/torque version of the pipe that was a little too high rpm. And Big muffler is a big "quite" one. Any other questions?...lol
This low-buck hotrod would be a great one to try some of your pipes on Tater...With only modded stk components +Carb, and pipe, it puts a lot of emphasis on those three things. Maybe I should put a stk carb back on it?:)

The dyno runs posted are the first three runs, back-to-back after we got the clutch to hold... It is still strapped down on the dyno, and will get another shot. We will try another "junker" carb, but one bigger, either a bored pj, or if we test a v-force reed, we will likely change the intake and try a bigger carb.

It's a little surprising to me that this little/simple setup is already almost 42 hp-nearly the power of 3 stock motors. Fun.

the blaster is a very underestimated little machine. we have been building and have a "blast" on them for a long time. the only pipe i have left right now is the CPI BB inframe.

the blaster is a very underestimated little machine. we have been building and have a "blast" on them for a long time. the only pipe i have left right now is the CPI BB inframe.
Lol.
We tested the motor with a stock carb Saturday. It made 37hp with real-world jetting. We also tested a bored pj, and v force reed, but the carrier bearing is going out , so we had to stop. We did vid a dyno run. I'll try to post it.

Reactions: N8tsNastyBlasty
Lol.
We tested the motor with a stock carb Saturday. It made 37hp with real-world jetting. We also tested a bored pj, and v force reed, but the carrier bearing is going out , so we had to stop. We did vid a dyno run. I'll try to post it.

I will take that as a promise!I:I

I have been a long time fan of modded stock components and i also knew the exhaust was the bottleneck of my build.... the kid i sold it to said it dynoed over 32hp w a fmf fatty and a thick head gasket ( i had a thin 1),i had vids of it twisting around 10.5k ....my head was just milled not really modded properly. big numbers like this are very normal on any other 2 stroke w this displacement...

Ive seen "Nate Mccoy's" pop up a handful of times on the trx250r forum , You seem like a very reputable builder from what i gather and i am glad to see u on the blasterforum! You have resparked my passion for the blaster w dynographs like that. I ride in waynoka and love the look on ppls face when my lil blasters are running w the pack ,sometimes out front!!! :) blasters = best bang for the buck IMO