Dyno graph pic

Welcome Nate!!!!! I usually welcome Newbie in a introduction thread under general chat, but you never started one. So WELCOME, Its good to see another motor builder with NEW info to help us smoke some 4 strokes...lolI:I

As to the Shearer pipes being junk: it is very possible that the setup that you have, or what is common here is the problem. I am confident that I can build a setup that will make your favorite pipe, whatever it is, look pathetic. Maybe your Shearer experience is the same scenario.

Finally, to those who are reading and in doubt, I would be willing to arrange a same-day comparison of this blaster and yours in on the dyno Sacramento, California. I would even be willing to go to some other dyno for a comparison as well. Or we could meet at the dunes somewhere. :) I am open to suggestions.
We will continue, like everything we build, to make it faster. And we plan to have a bigger motor tested soon. Hopefully it will be even more "unbelievable" :).

Last edited:
i dont think anybody asking questions in this thread actually think we are going to get specific answers.. personally im interested in his experience with all different kinds of pipes, if there is a better in frame pipe out there for a BBK then yeah.. im interested..

The compression should be low enough for pump gas, if it didn't make so much power. And as the crank being welded. It is not. Nor would it need to be unless the motor goes into detonation("deto"). That is why we tested with a race gas mix.
There are other problems that will accompany deto. The challenge is to recognize deto while it is still subtle, and before it cost the crank. Mild deto can continue a long time without destroying the top end. Yet the "hammering" of deto can take out the crank, and bearings prematurely.
When deto gets severe enough to damage the top end, it is very violent. And it has likely been robbing power long before it gets that severe. But then it is easy to recognize, and will likely not live long enough under such severe deto to hurt the crank. :)

Quit teasing everyone and post a video of this thing in action!
I'd sure like to see a 200cc smoking a yfzI:I

Whats your timing setup at??? Like other members said "Post up a vid"! I wanna hear and see her run, not read it lol. That blaster is making more hp than stock banshee! If this aint no scam tryna hype us up and and get us to go crazy over this, put up a vid and shut me up lol Im not tryna burst your bubble i would love to see more evidence than a damm dyno graph pic...

Welcome Nate I:I

FYI for others, did a search on BHQ, there were 128 hits. Those of you on E2S, Planet Sand, or elsewhere do a search and report what you find. Banshee jugs ported by him sell as fast as any other on BHQ. I'm not stroking him, don't know him, never notice him on BHQ if he is a member.

I could think of several "family feeder" questions myself, O well :(

Funniest thing about H. Gramn Bell and Gorden Jennings is all I hear is "O it's outdated, 20 yrs, 30 yrs outdated", but nobody seems to come up any "new" theroies, info, SAE papers or write a book to prove, disprove, or improve their info.:eek: If you have anything post a linc, I'm always up for new info.

Have you ever seen crank horsepower checked on an atv?? I never have in the real world. Every dyno in my area is run of the rear wheels because of so many diferant crank variables.

very very rarely jay, almost never.

Did I miss it or was the question answered about if this was rear wheel or crank hp #'s?
We explained early on that these were dynojet rear-wheel numbers. On the same dyno the stock motor made 16ish hp.

As to an update:
Since this thread started we have put quite a bit of time on the blaster setups, and we are very happy with how they are running. And by no means does the dyno number misrepresent the real-world performance. Instead it confirms it
We had some fun this summer running in the dirt, and at Little Sahara, in Wynoka, Oklahoma.
We have also tested a pile of inframe pipes, on various cylinders combos.
We have tested the Vitos "fat, and illegitimate" pipe, and were not impressed with the narrow power curve, but made ok peak power.
We tested other blaster inframes, and found that it is pretty easy to get into the high 20s to low 30s with many combinations, but things have to be working well on a stk stroke motor to approach the 40hp world. As a matter of fact no production inframe has done it on any of our 3 test motors. Most were as poor as 26-28, while the stock pipe, on the same motor was 23+, lol.

There are several reasons for that. And on our motor setups the common production pipes are severely mismatched with our setups.

The stamped shearer inframe had a nice curve, and worked well, at about 30hp, but was also out of it's league with the highly modified.

It is clear that the blaster world is hurting for a good inframe. And if the ones we have tested are representative of all you guys have to work with.
I now see the reason for much of the skepticism. And on the stk cylinder, 47hp on gas is essentially unbelievable with the pipe design the Blaster world is trapped in.

But the technology exists...
Now the question that we have to wrestle is, will the market support a new blaster inframe???

We explained early on that these were dynojet rear-wheel numbers. On the same dyno the stock motor made 16ish hp.

As to an update:
Since this thread started we have put quite a bit of time on the blaster setups, and we are very happy with how they are running. And by no means does the dyno number misrepresent the real-world performance. Instead it confirms it
We had some fun this summer running in the dirt, and at Little Sahara, in Wynoka, Oklahoma.
We have also tested a pile of inframe pipes, on various cylinders combos.
We have tested the Vitos "fat, and illegitimate" pipe, and were not impressed with the narrow power curve, but made ok peak power.
We tested other blaster inframes, and found that it is pretty easy to get into the high 20s to low 30s with many combinations, but things have to be working well on a stk stroke motor to approach the 40hp world. As a matter of fact no production inframe has done it on any of our 3 test motors. Most were as poor as 26-28, while the stock pipe, on the same motor was 23+, lol.

There are several reasons for that. And on our motor setups the common production pipes are severely mismatched with our setups.

The stamped shearer inframe had a nice curve, and worked well, at about 30hp, but was also out of it's league with the highly modified.

It is clear that the blaster world is hurting for a good inframe. And if the ones we have tested are representative of all you guys have to work with.
I now see the reason for much of the skepticism. And on the stk cylinder, 47hp on gas is essentially unbelievable with the pipe design the Blaster world is trapped in.

But the technology exists...
Now the question that we have to wrestle is, will the market support a new blaster inframe???

have you tried the cpi or power pros inframes?

No, not on any of my setups. And I don't have any to test, or I would :). But I do have friend who tested them both against the vito's pipe, and they both made less power...

No, not on any of my setups. And I don't have any to test, or I would :). But I do have friend who tested them both against the vito's pipe, and they both made less power...

thats interesting and also a very generalized statement. i would be interested to know the state of tune and how the graph looked. was it just peak hp? i assume not, but you never know.