Dt200 swap

Jess brown

Feb 18, 2020
How's it going boys, I bought 2 dt200's awhile back one is a 1995 2yy the other 1987 200l and I want to put the 1987 motor in my blaster, I split the cases because the crank bearings were shot and I'm going to rebuild the engine, but I have a blaster bottom end with a vitos +3 in it that has about 2 hours on it and I dont know if I should just put the dt topend and clutch cover on the blaster bottom end or rebuild the dt motor and put it in, is it better to use the blaster transmission or the dt?

Somewhere there's a list of the ratios. I know the st is wider and maybe different primary. You can mix and match other than first gear main shaft. You going to use the spacer or cut the head?

Somewhere there's a list of the ratios. I know the st is wider and maybe different primary. You can mix and match other than first gear main shaft. You going to use the spacer or cut the head?
I think I'LL use the spacer plate instead of cutting the head because I might rebuild the dt bottom end with the original stock stroke crank and put it in the dt chassis someday. And once the head is cut for the stroker theres no going back! I tried the dt clutch cover on the blaster b end but the waterpump gears wont line up so I ordered a dt125lc sidecover with waterpump from ebay Germany for 30 euros. My 1995 200r that I rebuilt and restored is ready to run as well but its to cold right now so I will wait until spring so I dont have to jet for the cold and then jet the carb again when it warms up

Reactions: Larry's Shee