Driveline hd clutch

82cutty

Mar 20, 2015
Buffalo N.Y.
I bought a driveline clutch a few months ago and have yet to install it. My KOR ported motor has started to beat the crap out of my clutch so it's time for the driveline to go in this weekend . Hopefully my basket is ok...if not i'll get one . Just seeing what oil you guys use with the driveline's .

Thanks

use what driveline recommends for their clutches....Mobile1 full synthetic 10w-40 4t
available at walmart, autozone, advanced auto and probably most auto parts and motorcyle stores.

k2-_7e8b8a9c-9659-4c92-8608-2327fd414300_v1.jpg

Yea I just changed my oil yesterday. I run the Driveline and really like the Mobil 4T.
How long between changes with the mobile 1 ? I was changing mine after every tank of gas using atf . Still looked good but I have cases of it so why not . Mobile 1 is $60 for a case of 6...maybe I'll get 2 tanks of gas out of it lol

How long between changes with the mobile 1 ? I was changing mine after every tank of gas using atf . Still looked good but I have cases of it so why not . Mobile 1 is $60 for a case of 6...maybe I'll get 2 tanks of gas out of it lol
Honestly I'm not really sure. I put it in and only rode it a handful of times. I don't get out to much lately. But when I did change it, it really didn't need to be done. More preventive maintenance.

no need to change it that often with the driveline clutch and mobile1
the driveline clutch is so good it doesn't slip and dirty the oil with spent clutch material.
I change mine 2-3 times a season and still running great.
look into the oil level sight glass, if it's still oil colored, leave it, if it's getting dark, change it

the driveline clucth is so good it doesn't slip and dirty the oil with spent clutch material.
look into the oil level sight glass, if it's still oil colored, leave it, if it's getting dark, change it
I completely agree. I just changed it for the heck of it. There was no need. But that's good to know your only changing that often. Gives me a good reference.

the driveline clutch is so good it doesn't slip and dirty the oil with spent clutch material.

Good to know Awk...thanks

Reactions: jimmu
Went to install the new clutch today and noticed some play in the outer basket...about 1/16-1/8 of an inch . Rivets maybe ? Weird thing is there is no wear on the fingers . I should probably get another basket . Anyone have a good used one ? I'll get an aftermarket basket in the spring .

Well I finally got my clutch basket in the mail today...a good used one off ebay . It's in much better shape than my old one . I also drilled some small holes for better oil flow in both the inner and outer baskets . Got it all back together with the driveline and fresh mobile 1 oil . Went for a ride and wow what a difference . The driveline is sweet...grabs awesome . It feels like a different bike :D Can't believe the difference in power . Only thing is the clutch pull is much harder due to the hd springs . I'll need to adjust my clutch perch farther down the handle bars to make it easier using more of the end of the clutch lever .