Driveline clutch kits !

Nov 5, 2011
Rochester, NY
Tho I have not installed the new clutch I just ordered from Driveline I am already overly happy with their service. I received the clutch/package on Monday in great condition and ebay estimated it wouldnt arrive until some time between Wednesday and Friday ! Talk about fast shipping, now that's being on the ball ! I will give an update after I instal and test it out !

I just ordered a driveline clutch myself. Going into a buddies bike. So far the reviews have been great!!

Sounds good to me brotha, I get out of work Saturday morning at 6:30 but I'm gonna want to sleep for 4 or 5 hours. I know its a good right to get there I don't know if it will be worth it to you or not if we head out around 12:30 - 1:00 ?

Here is the statement about the blaster 240 clutch. We run it on our stock bore Airsal race motors becuause the springs are much stiffer. It hits like a beast!

"This is our heavy duty clutch kit for a 240cc Blaster or a heavily modified 200cc Blaster. This kit utilizes the same friction and steel plates as our std kit, we just added a stiffer clutch spring to handle the higher H.P. a 240 is capable of producing. We use only cork style friction plates in our clutch kits, this compound is proven to be the most durable of all friction materials. Our steel plates have smooth surfaces, most clutches use "dimpled" or "textured" steel plates. These steel plates DO NOT last as long and can not handle as much H.P. as smooth steel plates. The "dimples" are concave in shape which reduces surface material causing less contact area and easier clutch slippage. We also add an extra full size friction plate to our kits so you can remove the larger I.D. friction plate and wave washer and replace it with a full size friction plate for a stronger clutch kit. This option gives more surface material and can handle harsher riding conditions and higher H.P. engines."

I am sold. Looks like my next clutch will be from Driveline. And I will be sure to mention you Goodman.

Sounds good to me brotha, I get out of work Saturday morning at 6:30 but I'm gonna want to sleep for 4 or 5 hours. I know its a good right to get there I don't know if it will be worth it to you or not if we head out around 12:30 - 1:00 ?

I will wait. It would be just you and I. Jared has plans.
I was going to go to tall pines and camp overnight by myself. Your welcome to join if you can swing it. If not the pits would be great.

FINALLY got my new Driveline clutch kit put in today and I am very pleased ! As I stated before the shipping was extremely fast and I received the package 2-4 days faster than estimated by Ebay . . . I took my blaster around the block a few times to test out the new clutch and it grabs every gear strong, now the front end wants to lift up every time I shift right through 4th gear ! The install was very easy and the Driveline plates eliminate the need to stagger each clutch plate 60 degrees from the previous one, which simplifies the install. I would recommend Driveline's clutch kit to everybody, and they will be my only choice in the future.
2 thumbs up to Driveline's product and service ! ! !

Here it is ... New clutch plates, friction plates, springs and spring / pressure plate bolts !

2ymt2l5.jpg

What oil will you be using?
I've been using the driveline recommended
Mobile1 5w full synthetic for 2 seasons now with great results.
its surprising how clean it still is each time I change it!

That's good to hear because I went with their advice also and switched from the Honda HP trans oil to the Mobil 1 4T ... The one I have is a 10w-40 weight. I believe the Honda HP is what caused my slippage in the first place !

That should work pretty well for the trans, not sure if they make a 10w-40 or not but I would have went with 40 if they had it. As long as you stay away from anything with friction modifiers you should be fine !

10w30 is my preferred choice, the more viscous the oil the more power it robs.

I prefer the slightly heavier weight for the same reason I prefer to use a larger/richer main jet ... Added protection for the hard riding I do ! Also Driveline uses and recommends the Mobil 1 10W-40 so that's what I went with.

Ok I ordered the 240 clutch also I will need a basket to. What type and where to buy? Thanks for all the help on this site. I would not know where to even start. Back when I built this blaster I would just call Eric Trenga and he would send me in right direction. Todd.

Last edited by a moderator: