Drilling Boysen Ports??

mervhengst

Dec 24, 2012
Trevorton, PA
i saw a video of a guy drilling holes from his intake port to the transfer ports. does anyone know what exactly this does and is it a mod worth doing??

Last edited by a moderator:
Adds a little extra charge to the cylinder.

If you want to wring absolutly every bit of power out of your motor the mod is worth doing, but it feel it works best with an agressive style of porting.

thanks for the info. i didnt think it was going to be a great upgrade mod but i figured i would ask. probably just going to leave it go and not chancing screwing up my cylinder

I watched the vid and the process is kind of sketchy. We built jigs with drill bushings to do this mod. We did it for two reasons…..To keep the bit out of the cast iron liner and to be able to reproduce the ports on every cylinder. We see a very nice mid range hit by adding these ports. Take a look at any modern engine where the reeds are bolted to the cylinder. They all run these ports. If you don’t have a jig, start with small holes and work them bigger with a grinder and a small bit. I can drill them for you if you want. Just pay shipping to and from.

I watched the vid and the process is kind of sketchy. We built jigs with drill bushings to do this mod. We did it for two reasons…..To keep the bit out of the cast iron liner and to be able to reproduce the ports on every cylinder. We see a very nice mid range hit by adding these ports. Take a look at any modern engine where the reeds are bolted to the cylinder. They all run these ports. If you don’t have a jig, start with small holes and work them bigger with a grinder and a small bit. I can drill them for you if you want. Just pay shipping to and from.

Sounds good. I have been researching your work for the last few weeks now. i watch all your videos on youtube that have to do with a blaster.Its about the only thing to do over here. Ive heard very good things about all your work. So I appreciate the offer. I will take you up on that offer as soon as i get home from this deployment. And I would like to get my head machined and lapped as well i saw that on your website. Would you happen to know a ball park price for shipping from PA??

i'm in PA. too.
i can ship a whole topend to ken for around $25
a whole engine for around $45

i know were johnstown is. i ride in Trevorton, PA if you havent been there make sure you get there. check it out on you tube. its like 43,000 acers of land to ride on.

i know were johnstown is. i ride in Trevorton, PA if you havent been there make sure you get there. check it out on you tube. its like 43,000 acers of land to ride on.

thats right, there is a johnstown over there too,
i had a cute little italian girl from jersey going online once, sent me some racey pics and all I:I
boy did she read me my rights when she found out i was from the J-town over near pittsburgh :eek:

but a trip to treverton to meet up sometime this year isn't out of the question

its a great place to ride....so great that every weekend life flight is picking somebody up and flying them to the hospital. like i said check it out on youtube first and see what you think. there is a place there called coal hill too. its a great place for climbing and there are over 1000 ft hill climbs. the place if rediculous.