Don't Make Fun Of Me For This Question PLSSSS!!!

Do Yamaha Blasters Smoke Alot And Smell Terrible? (Answer 2 Times One for A One For B)

• (A1)Yes they smoke alot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (A2)No they dont smoke alot

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • (A3)It is a intermediate smoke

• (B1)Yes it smells really bad

• (B2)No there is no real bad smell to it

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • (B3)In between not that bad but still there

• Total voters

Scott Palmer

Nov 26, 2018
So i was wondering if the Yamaha blaster smells bad i know i know please it is a real question. My current quads exhaust STINKS to all hell. Please respond and tell me if the exhaust smoke is large and if it smells terrible please respond.

So i was wondering if the Yamaha blaster smells bad i know i know please it is a real question. My current quads exhaust STINKS to all hell. Please respond and tell me if the exhaust smoke is large and if it smells terrible please respond.
I mean, it smells like a 2 stroke. Most of them smell as far as I have experienced. If yours smells really bad it might be that your running it too rich.

Made fun of you:cool:
Actually this is a very good question!!

Excess stinky smoke is a very good indication of a leaking crank seal. If you tranny fluid is low, that's it. These things are getting old. Stuff wears, rubber degrades. I highly recommend a leak down test.

Actually even if it doesn't leak, replacing them is smart maintenance. When they start sucking air they can go into auto ignition runaway , equals blown engine.
A stuck float, too high float level, to rich jetting or fuel mix, dirty air filter can all also cause excess smoke.

So, would help if you list all your mods, and carb jetting if you know.

Regardless, a leak down test is recommended. Some do it at least once a year.

Reactions: Awk08
I'm not entirely sure about these silencers but some cars start to smell terrible due to the build up in the muffler/ cat. I've never actually cleaned my muffler out before lol

Made fun of you:cool:
Actually this is a very good question!!

Excess stinky smoke is a very good indication of a leaking crank seal. If you tranny fluid is low, that's it. These things are getting old. Stuff wears, rubber degrades. I highly recommend a leak down test.

Actually even if it doesn't leak, replacing them is smart maintenance. When they start sucking air they can go into auto ignition runaway , equals blown engine.
A stuck float, too high float level, to rich jetting or fuel mix, dirty air filter can all also cause excess smoke.

So, would help if you list all your mods, and carb jetting if you know.

Regardless, a leak down test is recommended. Some do it at least once a year.
Thank you sooo much most helpful. Bless you!!!

I'm going with larry's answer ...... leaking right side crank seal sucking in trans oil.

Not being a Negative Nancy, but two strokes are picky on oil types.
Quick Silver is actually a very good oil, for it's specific purpose.

Boat oil is for medium/low constant RPM, low engine temps (lake cooled)
Weed Whacker/Chain saw is for cheap equipment, general use oil.

Quality doesn't cost it pays.
Yamalube 2s is good quality, medium priced and Yammy recommended (obviously :rolleyes:)

Reactions: Awk08
Not being a Negative Nancy, but two strokes are picky on oil types.
Quick Silver is actually a very good oil, for it's specific purpose.

Boat oil is for medium/low constant RPM, low engine temps (lake cooled)
Weed Whacker/Chain saw is for cheap equipment, general use oil.

Quality doesn't cost it pays.
Yamalube 2s is good quality, medium priced and Yammy recommended (obviously :rolleyes:)
I was asking about a blaster but thanks anyway.

I was asking about a blaster but thanks anyway.
he's talking about something someone else mentioned. But he does have a good point, 2 strokes (the blaster) do burn in different ways depending oh what fuel mixtures and oils you use. That quick silver stuff they were talking about is for low rpm marine engines, definitely not the 11000 RPM air cooled blaster engine. So just keep oil types in mind when dealing with smells.