Does anyone have an idea for my jetting

Im hoping for no bottem end leaks i just bought all gaskets and those two sleeves from yamaha and a new exhaust gasket, crows feet to torque head do i go to 18 or 21 torque ?

Im hoping for no bottem end leaks i just bought all gaskets and those two sleeves from yamaha and a new exhaust gasket, crows feet to torque head do i go to 18 or 21 torque ?

I believe there set to 21lbs. Got to 14 on each bolt, and then 21.

Follow the link I shared to make your own tester. It's a piece of mind to know everything's going together smooth.

I built a tester thats how i know the head gasket was leaking thank you for help, i just didnt seen any bottem end leaks hope i didnt miss anything

How do you fix the erosion on the head from a head gasket leak my local yamaha told me to run it like that but id like to smooth it out

I know all these questions are prob in the wrong section but after i replace all these gaskets and now the rings aswell, seal it all up, torque it and wait 24 hours for the yamabond and copper gasket to dry completely and finally run another leakdown test....put motor back... Fill with new gas... After all is said and done do i need to break it in for new gaskets and rings if im using the same piston ? I need this thing to last the summer ;p

Take the head to a local shop and have them do what they need to do. Or look in the clymers. It'll show you how to do it yourself. Grab some sand paper (I forget what grade) and move it in a figure 8. I'm at work, so I'm not sure if I'm telling you right.

Like I said, go to a local shop if it's easier.

Take the head to a local shop and have them do what they need to do. Or look in the clymers. It'll show you how to do it yourself. Grab some sand paper (I forget what grade) and move it in a figure 8. I'm at work, so I'm not sure if I'm telling you right.

Like I said, go to a local shop if it's easier.
Not laping the dome

Okay should i hone the cylinder for new rings
Yes sir! Any time you hone the cylinder, you need to install new rings so they will seat correctly.

Just like anything else, there's tolerance at which you can run a piston to bore size. I believe you shouldn't run more then 0.003-0.004 clearance.

Yes sir! Any time you hone the cylinder, you need to install new rings so they will seat correctly.

Just like anything else, there's tolerance at which you can run a piston to bore size. I believe you shouldn't run more then 0.003-0.004 clearance.
Okay thank you i will call and ask how much a hone is tomorrow i really hate being out of a bike and ive put a sh*t ton of work into this i really love all the help i get on this site i will have pics of my bike up soon as its done for all to see

Remember, pics or it didn't happen. How's the cylinder look now? How's the crosshatch? Chamfered edges? Overall condition? Post a few pics of it.

How can i clean this up

Attachments

• 20170324_140908_Film1.jpg
    20170324_140908_Film1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 230