diy heel guards

reagor

May 23, 2012
nj
www.google.com
so i was looking at this gaping hole where my foot could slip into the new 20 inch flesh destroyers and something had to be done

i used some light guage aluminium and a portaban mounted to the nerf bar

some tough love with a hammer and cclamps

some fine tuning with an adjustable wrentch and some other mad max esque scrap lying around

blew some smoke at the parts and they magicaly created these new fangled shiney heel guards complete with rolled lip so as not to remove said fallen appendage

Attachments

• heelguards1.resized.jpg
    heelguards1.resized.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 1,740
  • heelguard3.resized.jpg
    heelguard3.resized.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 687
  • heelguard2.resized.jpg
    heelguard2.resized.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 796
Not bad! Way better than getting your foot sucked into the chain and being stuck in the woods alone for HOURS in agonizing pain!

wonder who knows how that feels ???:eek:

nice fabbing on the heelgaurds bro !!!!I:I

so i was looking at this gaping hole where my foot could slip into the new 20 inch flesh destroyers and something had to be done

i used some light guage aluminium and a portaban mounted to the nerf bar

some tough love with a hammer and cclamps

some fine tuning with an adjustable wrentch and some other mad max esque scrap lying around

blew some smoke at the parts and they magicaly created these new fangled shiney heel guards complete with rolled lip so as not to remove said fallen appendage
Awesome sauce. The price for new & used is jacked way out of proportion. Plus it's plastic...no fiberglass or metal reinforced. If it was too much work I'd buy a set n make detailed copies and send back.

Great job !