DIY HDPE Frame Skid Guard!

It looks like I will have to resort to a coarse rotary steel wire brush as the surface is not one which uses decals, it is of the reflective surface type.

It is large enough to cut in between the writing, and I could use the reflective surface as an attraction.

yes, our signs here are the reflective type also, and is just a decal
heat and peel !!!!!

thanks guys, mmm Awk, il look into conduit straps...any pics? you can do some power lifting for me and snap a pic underneath ;)

for the front of the frame i stuck my home made skid under the lip on the bumper and never had a problem. I didnt bolt down the front at all.

Mine ended up breaking tho, the back o f the frame i left a 1/2 in or so hanging there when i was unloading my bike off the trailor i usually just push it off this time i rode it off and it caught and bent all up like a accordion(i think thats how you spell it)

thats a pity... i also left a lip at the back, havent loaded it yet or ridden it, il just see how it goes, if it breaks, so be it but at least then i know ive explored my options

the conduit straps we get here is way to thin, it those galvinised or tin brackets. Metal conduit isn't used to much in ZA anymore only plastic

UPDATE:

Its been almost a year now and the guard is doing well! Granted im now running 22's on th eback so I dont hit it as much as I used to , It has taken some knocks but is holding out well.

I am still toying with the idea of drilling a hole to drain the oil to save time removing it, but am worried about it being a hook point for rocks etc.

IMG_3183.jpg

IMG_3184.jpg

IMG_3185.jpg

IMG_3186.jpg

IMG_3190.jpg

It would be such a small hole to drain the oil out of I don't think you would have to worry about catching a rock unless it is a really tall and narrow rock.

It would be such a small hole to drain the oil out of I don't think you would have to worry about catching a rock unless it is a really tall and narrow rock.

I agree!
Even a 1-1/4" oh ya I mean 32mm hole would be fine IMOas it's just about dead nutz center of board bro. That stuff is very tear resistant and can take a great beating! I work with it daily. I:I