disappointed with renthal chain

gizzy2014

Rippin' Hard
Jul 22, 2012
dickinson ND
hey guys just thought id share that im alittle disappointed with this chain

Renthal 520 R-1 Works Chain | ATV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

it strecthed alot faster than i was expecting for it being a renthal chain, also because it is the works chain i thought it would be a better quality chain, i put it on beginning of the winter but then broke some other stuff the quad so it really doesnt have much ride time, like maybe 4 months

and yes i had it properly tightend and lubed at all time, and im almost out of adjustment for tightening it.

hey guys just thought id share that im alittle disappointed with this chain

Renthal 520 R-1 Works Chain | ATV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

it strecthed alot faster than i was expecting for it being a renthal chain, also because it is the works chain i thought it would be a better quality chain, i put it on beginning of the winter but then broke some other stuff the quad so it really doesnt have much ride time, like maybe 4 months

and yes i had it properly tightend and lubed at all time, and im almost out of adjustment for tightening it.

i 100% agree! i bought the same chain but with sprocket kit. never rode it though. but my mate also bought one for his predator 500 and it was perfectly lubed,tightened etc and it snapped on the first ride and it f*cked his cases. i always thought renthal was good but i wouldn't buy a renthal chain now that i know what it did with my mates. hes also on here under Xero

yes my chain got stuck between frame and sprocket s does anybody know a good chain that is worth money

yes my chain got stuck between frame and sprocket s does anybody know a good chain that is worth money

Despite the thread, i believe renthal to be the best. When it comes to an important component as the chain, don't cheap out and buy the $30 off eBay or amazon. Also, replace both sprockets at the same time to make sure the components wear evenly.

I really like Tsubaki chains myself, and unless I was racing will only run "O" ring type now.

Here is a nasty chain break I had on the first full power run of the KTM Blaster:
227000_10150236712200803_4051426_n.jpg

Wedged the swingarm bolt tight. Had to drive it all the way out. I was lucky nothing else broke.
I believe it was from rusty links binding, snapped a side plate. Misalignment can do that too.
Bought a casesaver, put the swingarm bolt in the other way around and leveled the carb:
577964_10150946178720803_1550763841_n.jpg