Cylinder issue

Kenwarth

May 21, 2021
I am rebuilding the top end on my blaster (my cylinder was sleeved before i got it so the new sleeve bore is 66.5mm) i got a 66.5mm wiseco piston and the piston has way to much room in my cylinder. when i started it the piston was slapping bad on the cylinder. I believe my cylinder is out of spec. Should i have it re coated? Send it off? Who does the best cylinder work and does not have a insane price. Assuming my best bet is powerseal?

How or who determined it was 66.5?
Was it accurately measured or just checked with calipers? Do you have any info on the sleeve? A new sleeve should have started at 66mm

How or who determined it was 66.5?
Was it accurately measured or just checked with calipers? Do you have any info on the sleeve? A new sleeve should have started at 66mm
It must have been bored to 66.5 after it was resleved i have no info from before i got the quad assuming this thing has been through a lot. probably going to send it off to power seal and have them fix it already in contact with them. it was measured with a bore gauge and measured 66.5. The new wiseco piston is for 66.5mm bore and has way to much clearance and is slapping.

Whoever did did it didn’t know what they were doing. A GOOD machinist would get the piston, then bore to fit THAT Piston.
Hopefully the shop you picked knows this.

Reactions: CycleTech