cutting front fender questions

TeamCarr

Jul 16, 2009
Cocoa,Fl
i want to cut mine and was wondering what tools work the best for the job? does anyone have step by step pics or there fender cut project?

PM mr_305, he can hook you up. then you can have the classic "305 cut" I:I

yb200 also has the 305 cut and can help you out.

i used a sanding block and a dremel.. i kinda just went at it.. i didnt do much planning i just started cutting. yb has more details about my cuts then i do. lol
just find a style you like and cut them.. use the block for straight lines. and dremel the rest i used the sanding bit on the dremel.. post some pics when your done..

mr305 & yb200 definitely got it down for doing a fine job but here's a crude option. I bought one of these purple scotch pads that fits my side grinder for stripping paint and it didn't work very well so I tried it for shaping fenders and it worked great for me. Didn't load up & didn't melt the plastic like sandpaper sometimes does. I taped off rough lines, trimmed with tin snips & shaped it with the purple pad. You can polish it up with something fine if ya like. Made the shaping part quick & easy.
YZOtis

predplasticsanderx2.jpg

Reactions: TeamCarr
I cut mine on a band saw with a fine tooth blade, then sanded smooth and straight. Just make sure in your prep you get your lines perfect on both fenders

heres the way we do it.. very easy, very clean, and looks nice when your done..

this is a fender cutting step by step how too.. i had some old fenders laying around for my beater banshee so my buddy did a "how to" with em.. they had a small crack.. hahhaha only 60 zip ties to keep it together haha

Fender Cutting 101 - powersportjunkies.com

Last edited by a moderator: