cuttig rear plastics

why would wanna you do it???? i never did understand cutting the plastics, i wanna stay dry, clean and keep my body parts out of the tires

Last edited:
if you look at the back you can see the height difference

1008091202-00.jpg

heres the width of mine

Phone002.jpg

Re: cutting rear plastics

thats cuz you're an old man! :D jk man

thats right i am an old man, and it took me all these years to figure out some things aren't worth it just to "look cool", and apparently you guys are forgetting what happened to me last year because i was running without the heel gaurds, so lemme refresh your memories.........
http://www.blasterforum.com/body-15/work-boots-no-heel-gaurds-disaster-14817/

and make sure when you young bucks get home from school, you jump right on your blasters, with the heel gaurds off, and the fenders cut, with your skateboard shoes on, laces hangin untied, cause it "looks cool"
i love seeing pics of feet half ripped off in pain and misery

just tryin to rib ya man, didn't know you'd actually had an accident (that was before i was on here). i agree heel guards are a good thing to have on it....but i always seemed to get totally covered in mud no matter how big/small my fenders have been

i know you were jus f'in with me, anytime bro, i can handle it, but i might have sounded a little too serious tryin to teach a hard learned lesson,
and while i was being carried to the life flight chopper, i looked down and my foot was facing completely backwards (insane), i told the one dude using my phone (yes, to call my mommy) to get a pic of it but he couldnt figure my phone out quick enuf, one pic of that would convince you not to cut fenders and run the heelgaurds!!!!!

yup, that's actuallyl one of the reasons that i'd like to get real riding boots again...no laces to worry about

thats right i am an old man, and it took me all these years to figure out some things aren't worth it just to "look cool", and apparently you guys are forgetting what happened to me last year because i was running without the heel gaurds, so lemme refresh your memories.........

and make sure when you young bucks get home from school, you jump right on your blasters, with the heel gaurds off, and the fenders cut, with your skateboard shoes on, laces hangin untied, cause it "looks cool"

but... I dont go to shcool... or wear skateboard shoes and my laces are tied

When you mean heal guards do you mean the black plastic piece that was attached to the plastics or the metal piece thats attached to the foot peg?

i do wear riding boots everytime now, but see way too many pics of young bucks on here with lowtop skate shoes on

MAN!That sucks big time!I see what you are saying.I don't like the look of my stock one's but they are staying on now!The way I ride .It would be very easy to get hung up like you did .

but... I dont go to shcool... or wear skateboard shoes and my laces are tied

When you mean heal guards do you mean the black plastic piece that was attached to the plastics or the metal piece thats attached to the foot peg?

The heel guards are the metal platform that bolts to the back of your foot peg, then the plastic guard drops down on that and mounts, from the bottom of your fenders. What some people do is remove the heel guard and remove the plastic guard that attaches to the fender, then cut the fenders to look better without the one thin piece coming down where the plastic guard mounted, shave them up smaller, etc. YES, this can look very nice on the blaster if done correctly, but again is not the safest route. (as we now all know about AWK's barbaric story, arrrggghh)

Keep in mind for the racer circuit, this is mandatory and they will not let you race without heelguards, period...

Do I have my heel guards/plastic guards deleted and my fenders cut and shaved custom and painted up to my liking????

YUP.

And I am idiot for having it this way???

YUP.

Did I learn something with reading this thread and AWK's feedback and story???

YUP.

Will I continue to rock my blasty this way?

YUP.

DO I have plans to retrofit something custom in the way of a heelguard?

YOU BETCHA... :D

Fortunately I do not own a pair of low top skate shoes, nor would I ride with them if I did, haha. But, safety first, and that is where I am going now.

Lesson learned, hope you got it too...

Alrightly campers, let's keep our feet pointing the correct direction, shall we??
AND, helicopter rides are cool but DEFINITELY not worth this.

Cost of metal heel guards: $20 used from me.

Cost of true riding boots: $100.

Picture of your foot hanging off or turned the wrong direction: Priceless!

Safety First Always!