custom paint job.

melonBerry

Jul 10, 2010
va
SO last week. i did sum paint work on my swinger and axle. i did it exactly how you guys said to do it. prime , paint and clear coat and here's my results. i kinda rushed it but it came out pretty good B) i'll show a couple more after i get off today. kinda late gotta get sum sleep. lol

Attachments

• 0602122149a.jpg
    0602122149a.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 440
  • 0602122319.jpg
    0602122319.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 419
doesent look bad i would have gone with power coat though because i spray painted my a arms and iv only rode it about 7-10 times and they are alerdy chipping

SO last week. i did sum paint work on my swinger and axle. i did it exactly how you guys said to do it. prime , paint and clear coat and here's my results. i kinda rushed it but it came out pretty good B) i'll show a couple more after i get off today. kinda late gotta get sum sleep. lol

thats great! now i gotta hide this before the wife sees it!!! lol. i like the color choice, different than the usual! nice!!!I:II:I

i tried to get it to match my frame. :D i might try to repaint my a-arms. they are silvervein color not a real fan of those colors. i like the way it shine off sunlight! B) this krylon stuff really surprised me. the primer was great the paint and the clear coat. i thought i could see myself in it. lol

Attachments

• downsized_0603121430.jpg
    downsized_0603121430.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 369

:eek:SOO TRUE MY FRIEND! always try to paint each part separately and take ya time! lol good bike by the way and great sell as i can see. but he should've took time to do it at least piece by piece. i see in bout 3 months the paint dry up and rub off like powder especially when the weather gets warmer! lmao he needs to look up painting basics 101!

Looks good, I'm gonna paint my plastics soon. I'm debating if I wanna do my frame swing arm & arms too... It will look really nice but I don't thi k I got the patience for it so I don't wanna do all that work & have it look like crap shortly afterwards.

doesent look bad i would have gone with power coat though because i spray painted my a arms and iv only rode it about 7-10 times and they are alerdy chipping

Powder coat doesn't hold up all that well either. I have some nice scrapes and chips in some of my items, that was one ride!

yea. i believe that. i got sum air scoops powder coated bout 4 yrs ago. and the paint bubbled and chipped off last month. make me think he didnt do it but i know he did. you just have to know what you doing. for my first times i messed up didnt prime just painted with grey paint and thought i was priming. lol then i'd paint over it. i was such a dumbass. lls. but now i know what to get and how to paint. and i learned you have to do it in a building so the air and dust from outside wont stick to the paint. and you must be patient.

Painting blaster parts the right way and they will stand up against the elements , If Its Prepped the right way and the right amount of primer paint and clear is used your good for years !

looks good nothing wrong with rattle can paint. when done rite it holds up and looks good. and a lot cheaper than powder. if it gets chipped just redo it.

Hey buddy, i'm about to strip my blaster down to the frame. Looking for the basics of stripping the paint off, priming, painting, and clearcoating. Is there a thread for that on here. Thanks in advance.