Curious

BEYCON78

Feb 26, 2020
Ok guys new here I have a 05 blaster pretty much stock.the things I have done to it are
New top end
It has been port and polished I did it myself
The piston is a off brand notched racing position works really well surprisingly
Fox racing coil
Stock carb
Lid off air box
Timing +5
Stock exhaust
Find pro circuit silencer
New chain
Poisons stage to Reed’s
New front and back sprockets stock 13/40
The bike is really fast any suggestions to make it faster I top out at about 63-64mph
I paid $500 for the bike and have been working on it for about an years now when I bought the bike I did not run looked it over just a cracked reed lol

Reactions: DKavcak
Ok guys new here I have a 05 blaster pretty much stock.the things I have done to it are
New top end
It has been port and polished I did it myself
The piston is a off brand notched racing position works really well surprisingly
Fox racing coil
Stock carb
Lid off air box
Timing +5
Stock exhaust
Find pro circuit silencer
New chain
Poisons stage to Reed’s
New front and back sprockets stock 13/40
The bike is really fast any suggestions to make it faster I top out at about 63-64mph
I paid $500 for the bike and have been working on it for about an years now when I bought the bike I did not run looked it over just a cracked reed lol

Good find and welcome!

So I put in our gearing into a website that I really like called "Gearing Commander."
You go to http://www.gearingcommander.com and go under Yamaha. Then choose YFS under model. Then the only choice you have for options/year is the Blaster.

You can come up with any combination you'd like.
The only options I know that would increase top-speed is going to a 14T front sprocket.
The stock top-speed is about 55 miles per hour, depending on your size. I'm 265, so it's probably slower, and plus I geared mine for tight woods.

Reactions: BEYCON78
Where are you riding that you need to go more than 65mph. I dont see any mention of wider a arms. Or suspention work. It could go bad quick.just saying be careful:eek:

Reactions: BEYCON78
Where are you riding that you need to go more than 65mph. I dont see any mention of wider a arms. Or suspention work. It could go bad quick.just saying be careful:eek:
I’m working on that I do a lot off trail but I like speed also pretty much I just want to know that if I want to run fast I can to be honest really don’t like running the rpms that high don’t like they way it feels and sounds I just want it to be quick that’s all

I’m working on that I do a lot off trail but I like speed also pretty much I just want to know that if I want to run fast I can to be honest really don’t like running the rpms that high don’t like they way it feels and sounds I just want it to be quick that’s all
Quick is what you got now.you have 13/40 now right