TX
first a check list.
[1]hydro pack of some kind
[2]snacks
[3]frame gaurds
[4]pull strap
[5]a prayer to the tires gods in hopes that you do not pop a tire

things that would be nice.
a mapping GPS unit, compass would be nice through.
walkie talkies with somebody back at base

that place is so freakin huge and the little maps they give you do not help at all, because we only saw 3 mile markers and one sign telling us an obstacles name, DeadManSlide Hill, i think we only rode 13 miles of the 22 miles of the trail because a buddy rolled and may have a broken hand. those of you who are wanting something a little tougher should try it, but it is rough as hell in spots, but there are some nice elevation change. the biggest elevation change on thier website says 500 foot.

Cross Bar Ranch, Turner Falls Park, Davis, OK, in the Heart of the Arbuckle Mountains

we may head back when it cools off outside and try for the hole loop.

BTW, the short loop sucks, don't bother.
SNEAKY is invisible Report Post Edit/Delete Message

hmm sorry for the old bump, but i have been in oklahoma for six years and never heard of this place lol. then again havent been into atv's very long. How was this place? scenery??

hmm sorry for the old bump, but i have been in oklahoma for six years and never heard of this place lol. then again havent been into atv's very long. How was this place? scenery??

I live on OKC and I actually raced at cross bar a couple months ago, if I were you it wouldn't be my first choice for a riding spot. It's in the arbucles and insanely rocky, like boulders rocky. Luckily I only had one flat in practice and none in the race because I was running 10 psi in my tires but I saw guys in the a class race coming through the scoring booth with 2 and even 3 flat tires, and some of them were running beadlock wheels too. Saw several guys lose skid plates(including me) and then later bent rotors and sprockets.

I will say there was some cool scenery going in and out of one of the valleys, you just need some beadlock wheels and really good skid plates to get there:D

really?? wow. so what about some other places to go to around lawton?? Heard about lake murray and theres also a place near Altus air base. Any other good spots. This blaster here is more of my little brothers, I am getting something like a 400 or 450 honda myself.

really?? wow. so what about some other places to go to around lawton?? Heard about lake murray and theres also a place near Altus air base. Any other good spots. This blaster here is more of my little brothers, I am getting something like a 400 or 450 honda myself.

I don't get out and ride for fun much, when I race is 75% of my riding so I don't know of too many places. If you're willing to drive cooperland raceway in Stillwater has a really fun mx track and nice xc course too. Lake Draper has some alright trails to ride at if you're already going to be in the area, only $5 to ride too. Sorry don't know of too much s.w. of okc...

same here, not much southwest of okc... there is about a 500 acre patch of trails at Kaw lake in ponca city that is mostly spider webed through hilly trees, has rocky patches and can also go down and ride along the beach... great if you have friends with boats and jet skis.. best of both worlds. .

If your not afraid of the sand.... You MUST check out "Little Sahara" state park in Wanoka Ok if you haven't already.... I believe its in the "arbucle moutains".... ALL SAND. there is about 1600 acres of all the dune riding you can handle.. with every level of danger you want to test.. nice elevations... there is camping in the front plus there's always lots of moded quads and dune buggies there to check out... Id google it or youtube some vids.. I think its like $7.00 to enter and you have to have a tall flag, or buy one there but its worth the drive at least once, trust me