Crankshaft Rebuilds

Status
Not open for further replies.

sicivicdude

Apr 7, 2010
North Carolina
I mentioned it in the "build thread" for my play toy but figured not everyone is going to be looking in there.

I'm not technically selling anything, I'm informing the membership about a deal I've found. I had a crankshaft rebuilt by Competitive Crankshafts in Orange, CA about two months ago. After I received the unit back from them, I contacted the company about their price to rebuild blaster crankshafts for a group of blaster owners (the blasterforum!). I was told their Competitive price is $99 to rebuild a crankshaft INCLUDING return shipping. That's a new rod, pin, thrust washers, and both bearings.

Competitive Crankshafts in Orange, CA - YellowBot

You can email them: crankshafts@aol.com

Or call: (714) 922-8229

In order to get the deal you need to contact them directly and mention the "blaster forum" special on rebuilding your blaster crankshaft.

Othwise, I think I'll let the pics speak for themselves!

DSC00304.jpg

DSC00305.jpg

DSC00306.jpg

Last edited:
meh, maybe but how would you know on a stock crankshaft?

The deal is he's taking the stock busted rod off, pressing the new rod on, cleaning it all up very well, and shipping it back for $99.

How do you know it's true? That's a great deal if the quality is there. Toss that crank in a truing stand and check the run-out. Dealer cost for a quality rod is about $60. Packing materials and shipping are about $15 so he's doing this for $24. Nice find.

How do you know it's true? That's a great deal if the quality is there. Toss that crank in a truing stand and check the run-out. Dealer cost for a quality rod is about $60. Packing materials and shipping are about $15 so he's doing this for $24. Nice find.

I haven't thrown it in V blocks yet, it's just been sitting in the box since I got it back.

$$$$$, that's why I shared! I originally figured it was some hackjob so I sent him a nasty looking crankshaft just to see what came back but I was floored when I opened the box.

Looks don't mean much if the needles on the indicator are running out .003 or the thrust is out of spec. Personally, I would have never rebuilt a crank with a flywheel key that looked like that but to each his own.

That's what I sent him.... Well, like I said, I sent him a nasty looking crank because I didn't have my hopes up high but I was pleasantly surprised with what was returned.

Status
Not open for further replies.