crank seals..easiest way to replace?

silverstang

May 26, 2009
westland, MI
My blaster is slowly dripping trans oil right underneath the engine. Thats where the markings are on the cement at least. Ive noticed after riding it WOT that there is a good amount of white smoke coming out the exhaust. And Im pretty sure my buddy said he saw some oil coming out where the exhaust connects to the head.

Am I correct to believe that the seals need to be replaced? If so what is the easiest way to do this? I hope that I dont have to split the case. :( If I do have to though, what else should I replace while its apart?

And one last question..Where's a good place online to order the parts i'll need?

Thanks

Could be your gasket,as long as your not burning trans oil your fine..

Edit:

Just oil leaking?

Check your case for cracks,and gaskets for damage

If its leaking from the middle case opening you have to split them

mine is starting to leak more and more trans oil.looks to be coming from middle of case and or geting there from my shift fork looks to be leak on the shifter side.ive replace the oil and clutch cover gasket twice

u dont have to split the cases to change crank seals.....1 is behind the stator plate and the other is behind the clutch.....and yes white smoke is a sign of burning clutch fluid

Dude, I'm watching this video right now, and I've had this carb apart 3 times so far... Im not remembering even seeing a needle jet hanging down from the top of the carb.... LOL maybe it's not even there

I agree with blasterfreek ! That white smoke meandering your trans/clutch oil is getting past your right side ( clutch side ) crank seal and being burned with your gas/oil mixture. I have to replace my crank seal as well but my left side crank seal is leaking. I just found a complete oil seal set ( all 7 seals ) made by tusk for $14.99 on rockymountainatvmc.com and shipping is only $7. I don't think your gonna find a better deal !

I suggest you replace both left and right side crank seals as well as the seal behind your front sprocket while your at it. All can be done without splitting your case. Good luck man !