Crank seal question

you only need one on the right hand side (intrnal seal) the one behind the flywheel doesnt have a retainer. Which one are you referring to?

You mean the bearing stopper, on page 4-33 of service manual? i'm sure i have on of those in my parts bin, LMK!

The thing on the right side that ken oconnor calls a seal retainer in his second or third assembly video. I cant find page 4-33 but its the half moon shaped thing on the crankshaft seal that has one screw holding it in

This thing
IMG_20121109_053122.jpg

I can send ya one! Pm me the addy u want it send to!

BTW- love the puppy! Mini pincher or dashhound?

Thanks slick. I appreciate it. Thats a dachshund. My mom was buying and selling dogs like they were going out of style so she dont have it anymore

This,isnt my first build. my bagds101 sn was my first build. And besides, I wont let anyone else work on my stuff. Not even my truck.

I use to say that then i got too old to be laying on the ground for an extended period of time, so i pay then complain!

When I worked at an auto shop, I used to.hate the old guys like that. Just because theyre paying, it gives them the right to biotch if I took 20 minutes on an oil change instead of the 10 I quoted him

Haaaa, I'm not that anal! I cant trust any garage around my crib, they will take you for a ride and then some!

Bump... I know this threads really old. I just picked up a 97 and ive got everything back together except for the crankshaft retainer that the previous person left out ( propably the reason for it blowing out in the first place. Lol) I've been trying to track one down for weeks with no luck. Any help with a link would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Unfamiliar with the term ," crankshaft retainer" find a parts diagram and say it's part #xxx

I'll bet you're referring to the crank colar on the clutch side.
IllI bet it's#17