Crack/ Broken Reed

Mar 26, 2016
So my blaster while riding with a buddy and would not crank at all.. All doing numerous other routine maintenance to solve the problem. I got it started but bogs the minute I hit the gas. I decided to look at the reeds at this is what I found.

The culprit all along!lol

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 466
Be sure to clean screws and holes of oil and use blue loctite on them. Tighten the manifold bolts diagonally in stages to 7 ft/lbs (IIRC)
DOESN'T hurt to use extra gasket between cage and boot, or some 3bond/RTV sealer

Reactions: AtlantaBlaster
For sure Loctite the reed screws , but I am not in favour of Loctite on the cage screws it lubricates and fools the torque wrench.
It can lead to overtightening.

Great I did both and is holding good so far. no air leaks. I got the vitos performance reeds but really feel no noticeable difference in response. Maybe I just don't ride it hard enough to notice it

So my blaster while riding with a buddy and would not crank at all.. All doing numerous other routine maintenance to solve the problem. I got it started but bogs the minute I hit the gas. I decided to look at the reeds at this is what I found.

Hi the easy fix for a day is cut a credit card to size of the plastic reed just open the 4 bolts pull out the broken part bike will not start at all an then it’ll be good

Attachments

• 38B42604-6992-4C4B-84CA-B7058646E9B5.jpeg
    38B42604-6992-4C4B-84CA-B7058646E9B5.jpeg
    653.6 KB · Views: 520
I View attachment 32195

Hi the easy fix for a day is cut a credit card to size of the plastic reed just open the 4 bolts pull out the broken part bike will not start at all an then it’ll be good View attachment 32195y