Cr80 problem/Blaster problem

DrywallDoc

Sep 29, 2015
First question: i have a cr80 that can only be ridden for a couple hrs a day because it will start to bog as if it was flooded. After letting it sit for a day or two it will run good again for a couple hours. I have checked everything. It's all stock with a 122 main and needle clip at the very top position. Could it be the float?

Second question: I have built about 5 blasters in the past 6 months and they have all had a slight hang idle unless I turn the air screw to 3/4 of a turn. Everytime I double checked for air leaks and am 100% sure there were none. I just finished building my cousins blaster and it does the same thing. This one has a bills exhaust and rechambered head with airbox ld removed. 32:1 premix. 280 main jet. Is it possible that I need a higher idle screw? I read on here that it's rare to need to change that.

Maybe try the float level at the lowest position. It seems likely something you are doing, no offense. Obviously six Blasters couldn't be exactly the same. Slight differences between them would be more likely, that's why it's called fine tuning.

When my son put pipes on his Banshee I tuned more for transition of throttle than how it actually ideled. Way I look at it, could care less about the idle. They aren't made to idle, they're made to rip.

Maybe try the float level at the lowest position. It seems likely something you are doing, no offense. Obviously six Blasters couldn't be exactly the same. Slight differences between them would be more likely, that's why it's called fine tuning.

When my son put pipes on his Banshee I tuned more for transition of throttle than how it actually ideled. Way I look at it, could care less about the idle. They aren't made to idle, they're made to rip.
I meant pilot screw not "idle screw" I live in NC and that's almost sea level. Could it be I just need a 35 pilot so the blaster wont have a hang idle. or is it normal for the air screw to have to be 3/4 of a turn out to eliminate the hang idle? I read the air screw should be 1 to 2 turns out?

Next time you're on the CR and it starts the bogging, try pulling the choke out, see if it gets better.
If I pull the choke out it just dies. I figured that meant I was too rich. So I changed from a 125 main jet to a 122 and leaned out the needle but it still bogs out after a couple hours

Might be worth a try on the pilot jet. That's why it's called fine tuning.

As for the CR that pretty much rules out fuel. YoudY need the test values of the stator and coil. Test when cold, run till it stops then test again. If it tests the same then it's the CDI getting heat soaked.