counter balancer sprocket

trble

Mar 24, 2011
sunbury pa.
ok guys and gals the sprocket broke popped of the metal on top that held it in place im assuming i can just replace the sprocket. next when i put it back on is there a place it needs to be so it keeps balance, is it by chance in the manual that i didnt check yet.

thanks

are you talking about the gear that meshed with the primary drive gear behind the clutch basket? its more a gear than a sprocket. if so, yes the gear locates onto the shaft with a locator key and there is a dot on both the primary drive and balance shaft gears, they need to line up.

yea i know how they go together if it was never off by lining up the dots. but my counter balancer gear cog whatever the metal piece bust off its rivet so it was loose in the case, so how do i know if i put the balancer cog gear in so i can match those dots

ok i think a pic says it all maybe,
IMG_5181.jpg

IMG_5184.jpg

IMG_5182.jpg

It will only go on one way it is keyed. And yes just get a new one or maybe someone has a spare- here is the part number- 37F-11530-00-00 BALANCER WEIGHT GEAR.

I've got a couple balancer gears. a new one for 45 shipped and a used one for 25 shipped. the used one is in good conditon. by the way buy a tusk flywheel/clutch holder to get that nut off. 15 bux at rockymountainatv.com the penny trick doesn't really work as you can see. lol you were in need of that gear anyway if the penny broke it.

i have the fly wheel holder was the angle and how the gear was busted couldnt get enough leverage and thought the penny might get me a little help and didnt, so now its got to go to my buddies shop cause i dont have a compressor, i did get the penny to work on one i did crank seals on though but it is when i ordered the tusk cause it didnt work well.

yea i need a gear ill keep you in mind if i had a second pair of hands i could do it with out air and truthfully i could do it if i knew it was the only option but it can wait till i get to the shop. i thought having a motor out of the bike would make things so much easier but i think it was easier to break bolts while it was in the bike. im just glad i randomly shock the motor and heard that sound and who knows how long it was like this since it was a craigslist deal so many issues with it this top end to far out 69mm, this issue who knows whats next but it will be right and the wifes already asking when im selling it and i dont even have my new topend back from the machinist.

are you talking about the gear that meshed with the primary drive gear behind the clutch basket? its more a gear than a sprocket. if so, yes the gear locates onto the shaft with a locator key and there is a dot on both the primary drive and balance shaft gears, they need to line up.

Oh ok thanks you helped me