Copper base gaskets

jus_me

Aug 8, 2012
N.Y

Attachments

• 1433612182842.jpg
    1433612182842.jpg
    702.1 KB · Views: 305
Care to share any details on your thickness and what you are trying to achieve?

Wonder if he could do head gaskets? Wouldn't mind dropping cyl and rasing head to play around with port timings.
Dropped a 3mil in and it actually seems peakier than before. Tho it was down for a good bit so maybe I forgot how it was.

Care to share any details on your thickness and what you are trying to achieve?

Read more: http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/copper-base-gaskets.62120/#ixzz3cO8S4K4Z

It is for a friends kids bike. I went with a thinner base gasket in order to try and take some peakyness by lowering the top of ex port. This cyl has been "semi" ported and ex port was raised. Perfect for the intended application but will now be used for more lower end and with a different pipe. Cheaper for a $12 gasket than another cyl. I can always raise the transfers if need be but I cant lower the ex port (roof).. It will also raise compression a lil bit which will surely help bottom end.

I like that they offer different thickness gaskets. A choice of different thicknesses of head gaskets would be great also to get the squish set right.

I had messaged him last year on making gaskets for a Kitty Cat (kids sled). He said no prob he just needed a reg gasket for reference. Again this was last year but I think that they would do it if the interest was there. Maybee if a few of us showed interest I am pretty sure they would.

I will message seller if a few of us show interest. ?

Well I got the top end on with the thinner base gasket (no leaks). It ended up getting my squish a little closer to what I wanted but I wanted it a little tighter so out came the old file.

So after filing it down a little and checking the squish again I ended up where I wanted. With the squish set where it is and with the port timing now more in favor of bottom end it should be right where I (they) want it.

Heat cylces will be done shortly, then a tank of gas break in and ill report back. Since I wont be doing any wot for a bit I am thinking I should feel some xtra low end grunt with these couple cheap/free mods.

So how much thinner is the gasket than stock/normal? Is the head stock or modded? What squish did you end up with?
I like this thread as it's educational for less experienced "tuners" . It shows how a "little" is a lot.

I was just looking at these on eBay. Did you use copper spray or yamabond on the case seams and how is it holding up.

I was just looking at these on eBay. Did you use copper spray or yamabond on the case seams and how is it holding up.
It is holding up well. Yes,, I did use a small smidgon of yamabond where the case half's meet

So how much thinner is the gasket than stock/normal? Is the head stock or modded? What squish did you end up with?
I like this thread as it's educational for less experienced "tuners" . It shows how a "little" is a lot.

I missed this post somehow:oops:. . I don't remember off the top of my head what the measurements were but I do remember I took just a hair off the stock head to get the squish in order.