colour for wheels

blasterboy08

Jul 21, 2009
ireland
ok i want to spray my rims..what colour do you think would look best????my blasters blue..and if i sprayed the rims would i need to spray something else like the frame or nerfs to match it??

the colour i was thinking was either candy red,metallic black or a gold!!

make sure u sad down ur wheels good before...i think gold would look prretty good and diffrent....everyone has black wheels.....gold would judt be someintg different to see and i thinnk it would look good

Imagine a strip of candy red around the edge of the rim, like an inch wide, and do the rest of the rim black with candy red hubs.

power coating is expensive and u would have to sand blast them first if u powder coat...but if u paint them its better to sand blaster them but u can get away with just sanding them real good with sand paper

If you can afford powder coat it's the best way to go, but painting isn't bad option either. I used dupli color rim paint when i did my GF's rims along with their clear coat and it seems to be holding up well so far, here's a link Wheel Coating. like everyone has said sand and clean well, the key to a good paint is the prep, i think it took me about 4 hours to get everything prepped right and about 10 min's to paint them. Like blasterman said a red stripe around black rims would look great, just paint the stripe on before you clear coat the rim.

oh and as far as my vote for color goes.
1.black with red stripe
2.just black
3.gold
not solid red that would look awful, imho.

If you can afford powder coat it's the best way to go, but painting isn't bad option either. I used dupli color rim paint when i did my GF's rims along with their clear coat and it seems to be holding up well so far, here's a link Wheel Coating. like everyone has said sand and clean well, the key to a good paint is the prep, i think it took me about 4 hours to get everything prepped right and about 10 min's to paint them. Like blasterman said a red stripe around black rims would look great, just paint the stripe on before you clear coat the rim.

lol after this 07 baster and the new gear i bought im broke!! ill stick to the old fashioned paint job..so to paint the red strip id want to tape around the tyre and rim so no red paint will get on either the tyre or rim...thanks for the advice bud,i like that idea of the red strip and black rim but i was thinking about a gold rim and metallic black hub???watcha think?

Tape off the tire and spray a couple good coats of red down and let it dry, then put tape over the red how ever thick you want it (make sure its good and dry) then spray the rest black and then clear.