cole454's Rebuild

cole454

Dec 27, 2010
Wolcott, Indiana
Finally gonna do my rebuild.
Here's the list so far:

Front End
A-Arms - +3+1 ASR (still need to order, may do them at a later time)
Shocks - Works or YFZ450 depending on if I do long travel
Spindles - norman420 Hydro Spindles
Hubs - Stock Banshee Hubs
Rotors - Stock Banshee Rotors (thanks "little3mil")
Brakes - Complete Banshee Setup (thanks "CARNZ")
Rims - Stock Banshee Rims

Rear End
Swingarm - Swingarmshop +4
Axle - DuraBlue 2+2 (thanks "blaster240R")
Brake - Awk08 Hydro (need to order soon)
Rims - Stock Banshee Rims

Engine
Crank - +3 Vito's
Cylinder - Stock Bore Ported
Carb - 34mm PJ
Stator - Ricky Stator 75w (thanks "blueblaster55")
Exhaust - Toomey B1 (thanks "Braaaaptor")

Going to get my frame powdercoated. I'm thinking of going all blacked out with some color highlights in areas or black frame, a-arms, and swinger with white plastics.
Pics!!!!

This will be my "Before" pic
2zjchep.jpg

Frame stripped down and ready for sandblasting and then off to the powdercoater
28utv7a.jpg

Some piles of stripped parts. Keeping some, the rest will be gone.
33lf0pw.jpg

eitsj.jpg

My Toomey I'm polishing
59vml5.jpg

Last edited:
when your looking for banshee brakes dont throw out looking for some yfz 450 master cylinder and calipers too, they are a dual piston caliper unlike the banshees and sometimes they can be had just as cheap as banshee calipers and they will bolt straight up to norms spindles. the master cylinder will work on all of em. good list so far tho. good luck with the build

Psh, I'm only interested in the finished product...........get to it!!! I:I

Should be a fun and interesting build. When do you expect to have it finished by? I'm also interested to see somebody run a B1 pipe with a ported motor. I don't know of anybody else that is.

Want to have it going within a month. I may do the a-arms later. Also will be getting new plastics later on. Wanting to go with a Maier Race Fenders. I got the Toomey before I planned my build but never got to install it before my piston melted. We'll see how it does. If it doesn't work I'll get a F7.

We'll see how it does. If it doesn't work I'll get a F7.

I think your going to have a little problem then man...remember when you send you head to get ported, the builder has to know you bike's specs/riding style/mods/future mods/ETC...and if you have it ported for a toomey at first, and dont like it then you run the chance of switching to a new pipe and it not running at full force...granted the difference might be minimal, but you never know...

Just pulled the trigger on a 34mm PJ. I know they're supposed to be hard to get the idle right, but with just a little research on the site I think I can handle it.
Pic!
12176tc.jpg

Tracking says that my axle and crank just came in. Too bad I can't get home to check them out till tomorrow. :(
So pics will have to wait till then.

Just pulled the trigger on a 34mm PJ. I know they're supposed to be hard to get the idle right, but with just a little research on the site I think I can handle it.
Pic!
12176tc.jpg

Awk is the man to talk to on this- he is the 34pj master!

Pics!!!
+3 Vitos Crank and DuraBlue 2+2 Axle
w7mtg8.jpg

Did that axle come with the spacers? Will definetly need them. Just love the Vitos crank, I also like how it performs!

There is two spacers, if ya have an 87-02 one spacer goes on the sporoket side and the other goes on the hub side (like mine) i go snap a pic in a minute...

Her's the pics bro, You also need two snap rings they are thick too and a pain in the ass to get on and off!

Sprocket side-
66i1ea.jpg

Brakehub side-
29uptno.jpg

And crappy pic of the snap rings-
m96j3k.jpg