CNC Aluminum Ebay thumb trottle

Markblaster

Custom blaster
Dec 6, 2015
Brought on the the aluminum throttles off eBay. Wanted to share photos and details on it.

Ebay details:

ATV THUMB THROTTLE CNC ALUMINUM SILVER YAMAHA ATV YFZ BANSHEE BLASTER WARRIOR

ATV Thumb Throttle SILVER, Throttle fits most Carburetor fuel systems ATV. Quality CNC Aluminum Construction, Long lasting Surface Coating, Comfortable Lever Pull, Adjustable Thumb Travel, 7/8" bar diameter.

Colours: Black,Gold,Silver,Red,Blue.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ATV-THUMB-T...ash=item281b8f715e:g:UigAAOSwLs5XKJWv&vxp=mtr

Photos of mine. The Finish on it is so smooth and the thumb throttle lever moves very smooth and easy and has a spring return in it.
DSCN4010_zpsujvf69zq.jpg

DSCN4011_zpsc86v5wzs.jpg

O-ring seal on the cover.
DSCN4018_zpsasudzcjr.jpg

DSCN4021_zpspgism9wb.jpg

New and stock side by side.
DSCN4023_zpslmlscdwv.jpg

Here is a size difference of the lever.
DSCN40233-01_zpslurzmq69.jpg

Reactions: 79 bronco
Mounting it was easy but I couldn't mount my brake lever. Make sure you use 120mm long hand grips or shorter ones or get handle bars for 200mm or more control clamping area. I'm running 130mm grips and 195mm control area on these bars and it not work.

DSCN4064_zpsn1nenyz6.jpg

DSCN4067_zpsujkffli3.jpg

DSCN4068_zpsfwa5dygz.jpg

Just a couple more photos of it installed.

Here is how the lever is mounted. It also has this mount on the other end of the shaft for the cable mounting arm.
20170708_111529.jpg

You will have to removed the nice aluminum adjuster as the blaster cable has it built into the cable. I had to install a nut on the throttle stop set screw as it was loss and could easily screw in or out on its own. If it ever needs adjusting I only have to remove the lid = 2 bolts.
20170708_114053.jpg

Is that screw and nut hanging in there that far going to allow the throttle arm enough range to open the carb slide the whole way ?

Ditch that screw altogether and just fill the hole with clear RTV or silicon.

Is that screw and nut hanging in there that far going to allow the throttle arm enough range to open the carb slide the whole way ?

Ditch that screw altogether and just fill the hole with clear RTV or silicon.

Yeah the throttle can go full throttle opens up carb full. I tested it without it in there and it don't go and more the where I have the screw set at. I have left about 2mm gap from the arm and the screw so is it don't touch at full throttle unless you stand on it lol. Just leaving it in there in case I ever have to limit the throttle or next owner needs to limit for kids.