clutch problems...

MRSTARK44

Jan 16, 2011
i rebuilt my blaster...and now i can't get it to go anywheres. how tight do i tighten the bar/screw in the middle of the clutch basket. help, i need help. it wont go anywheres!!!

First things first, you need to be more descriptive for us to help diagnose your problem. Was the clutch just recently rebuilt? Did you torque down the 5 clutch springs to the proper torque?

if your talkin the adjustment screw/nut in the middle of the clucth basket ???
unhook the cable first, look for the pointer on the clutch arm above the shifter, line it up with the "notch" on the case inside/behind it
you dont tighten the rod, thats pushing your pressure plate off of the plates,
you loosen the nut, turn the rod in with a small straight screwdriver till you feel it touch the other rod/ball in there, then back it off a 1/2 turn and tighten the nut, i like a little locktite on that nut too
then reconnect and adjust your slack in the cable

(all of this is assuming you didnt lose the ball in there during your rebuild)

unhook the cable first, look for the pointer on the clutch arm above the shifter, line it up with the "notch" on the case inside/behind it
you loosen the nut, turn the rod in with a small straight screwdriver till you feel it touch the other rod/ball in there, then back it off a 1/2 turn and tighten the nut, i like a little locktite on that nut too

pics here
clutch adjust link from member here
http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-13/quick-clutch-adjustment-29561/

yes loctite is the way to go....remember my little issue at busco lol

is there an order or system to puttin the cork and metal rings into the clutch basket?? i know it goes cork, metal, cork metal...etc. but is there a way of actually putting the plates in?????

Last edited by a moderator:

H

Hai.. what is the right torque settings for the clutch and the 5 screws??
Hi I have a 1985 Yamaha baster 200cc that I just got from my friend two days ago and it was working just fine till it stop moving and it just wents to stay in neutral but it starts up just fine but I don't know what's wrong with it because it won't move at all I need help

Hey guys lets not forget the special clutch disc that's in the factory stack and also the waffle ring the runs with that special disc and what position they set in the stack. I think it's the second position in the stack✌️

Are all the disc tight after loading them into the clutch drum and installing the top pressure plate and springs and the bolts for the springs?

This is a old post but has anyone had the inner clutch rod stuck or welded in the engine I had to tighten the outer rod to break it free from other cam out with the ball welded to rod
I have not been able to get the inner rod out of shaft any suggestions for removing

That sounds interesting.. was it run empty of trans oil. Maybe friction welded together?.. did you get it apart yet?