Clutch help

Dang

Jan 12, 2021
Help

i just rebuilt my blaster clutch, and while the atv engages the clutch, it doesn’t fully disengage when i full let go of the clutch lever. any suggestions? the wheeler goes, but acts like the clutch is still heavily engaged.

Help

i just rebuilt my blaster clutch, and while the atv engages the clutch, it doesn’t fully disengage when i full let go of the clutch lever. any suggestions? the wheeler goes, but acts like the clutch is still heavily engaged.

i feel like the problem is the push assembly, i know that you are supposed to undo the lock nut, push the assembly forward with your finger and align it between the 2 lines on the crank case, and i do that, get good engagement on the clutch lever on the handlebars, yet when i hold it in and try to spin the back wheels, it is very difficult, and doesn't roll easy with the clutch on. I started it yesterday when i believed i had got it working, and the clutch worked, but it never fully let go, and would cause the atv to move forward, yet have high revs like the clutch was still engaged. i have a new ball, and only one of the push rods were replaced as i could not get the other out, i also have new plates and pads for the clutch basket, and a new clutch cable.