Clutch bolt broke off inside plate?? What do I do now?

BlasterT/A1995

Jul 14, 2011
Hey guys my blasters clutch started to slip so I suspected it was bad friction plates so i purchased a tusk clutch kit. I opened up the case and found that they looked alright but I did notice one of the bolts snapped of inside the thread and the spring to be missing. I will include the pictures of what i seen when I opened up the case, I dont know how to get it out. If you could tell me what to do from here that would be awesome, I am totally stumped. I didnt know if this was a common problem and how this could of happened??
blaster | Facebook

Probably got overtightened. Missing one spring might be why it slips. You would have to remove clutch and use an easy-out. If you are not comfortable doing this take it to a mechanic or machine shop. Might want to see what a new inner hub costs, it might be cheaper than paying someone to take bolt out.

A new inner clutch hub is about $40 so probably cheaper than trying to salvage that one unless you try it yourself. The bad news is, if it was run any kind of length of time like that, it's ruined the pressure plate as well. Both will probably need to be replaced

Ya I ran it for about a half hour or so. Im gonna try to get the bolt out with the easy out, and hopefully I can get a new bolt and spring and it will work again

ahhh half hour?

That wouldn't have damaged the pressure plate running it that short a time. Try a small drill bit and a #1 easy-out to remove it. If it doesn't work a new inner hub is about $40.

Ya im gonna order a #1 tonight and see how it does, I also need to get a new gasket and bolt. So hopefully it will work. Ive never used a easy out before

Just be VERY careful about how much torque you put on that size screw extractor. It will wring off inside that screw in a heartbeat then you ARE buying a new inner hub because that's tool steel and you can't easily drill it out.

Ya Im gonna be very light with it, I just purchased A new clutch bolt, gasket, and a easy out set. all for a total of 20$ shipped. So it will be about half the price of a new one. But I have one question, If i get out the broken bolt and insert the new spring and bolt. I know it says to apply like 7lbs of pressure but I dont have a torque wrench, is there any way around this??

Either a 1/4" nut driver or choke -up on a 1/4 ratchet. Clean the holes with a little brake clean, drop of blue loctite, done. Just don't be King Kong.