Clutch basket play

Ok Bro I have No in and out play on my clutch basket like in your last vid. Yes it moves independent a little than the gear but definetly not in and out. I'd check the torque on that Nut that holds the basket on.

Ok Bro I have No in and out play on my clutch basket like in your last vid. Yes it moves independent a little than the gear but definetly not in and out. I'd check the torque on that Nut that holds the basket on.

thanks Slick, seems il have to split it. thing is i cant do it know..time is a problem, im going to have to wait for a few months, do you think it will hold out?

and MXsandracer, im confident they are good, they were brand new agent bearings six months ago, only did 200km untill i bent a ring, they rotate smoothly and have no play in them, also i listened to them while the motor was running with a screwdriver and they are good. besides, a bearing noise would be a constant whir, increasing with rpm and or rumbling consistantly. this is not that.what i have is random and sounds like something that only gets lash when the power is released, sort of like worn planetary gears in a diff, when the power is off, the gears are not under load and thus are not pressed firmly together, as the engine speed varies in doing this, the gears would catch up to each other and connect then disconnect causing the knock, same thing at idle cause power is not advancing

I would run it.Only because I have too much invested in my motor. If that basket decides to let loose, (if that's the problem) your gonna eat a bunch of stuff up. Just remove the clutch cover and check the tourque on the cenetr basket nut if it's good then has to be tranny related.

The primary gear is cross cut (at about a 45°) and the matching ring gear on the outside of the clutch basket is also cross cut. The you have in and out play on the input shaft of the transmission, the gears have lash.

Pull the clutch and check the conical washer. $1 says it's squished flat as a pancake.

yeah, nothing in there is old or done much work, im tired of fixing, iv forgotten how to ride!, im going to run it and see gow it goes...

I know there are pads behind the gear and the basket, not sure if they are rubber or not. But have heard they can wear out.

Can't say that you didn't search. Blaner hasn't been on lately. If you're talking gear to hub, there's rubber bushings around the rivets that wear out.