Cleaning expansion chamber and silencer BEFORE installation..

jus_me

Aug 8, 2012
N.Y
Just posting this up because i know allot of times it is over looked or not even considered. If you are doing a top end, complete rebuild, or for any amount of time have the exhaust off, most importantly if you buy a used one.. Than you need to clean it out. If it sits for a bit than there can be some rust build up, carbon breaking up inside, loose particals etc..... After a nice fresh top end rebuild the last thing you want is to suck in a bunch of rust particles and or broken up gunk.

Most think the exhaust only flows outwards. Not on a 2 stroke, 2 strokes push exhaust gases back into the cyl. You dont want to install an exhaust that has ANY particals inside of it onto your bike. It will eat up your piston, rings and your bearings. Any time you have your exhaust off for any reason you should atleast blow it out with an air compressor.

I have a ouople expansion chambers sitting on the shelf for whatever reason and everytime i move them i see crap falling out of them. << Crap I or you do not want to be sucked back into your engine.

Last edited: