cheap shocks

hey I am pretty new on the site and I was looking at a new rear shock for my bike. I know a LTZ 400 rear shock will fit on the bike with the kenoconner bushing and I found one for a good price. My question is there any real difference between this shock and a 400ex shock or are they basically the same? I am just getting a way better deal on the LTZ shock then the 400 ex so I wanted to know which one may be better?

the z400 shock has a heavier rate spring and is stiffer.

I have the diamond J kit for the front, does that mean the yfz front shocks will bolt right on?

I have a 1987 TRX250X rear shock and was wondering if it would work on a 2004 blaster

i cannot confirm that it will work. what i do know is that it is almost 3/4" shorter than a stock blaster rear shock. this will equal to over a 1" drop on the rear of the machine.

ok thank you for the info guys. I want to lower my blaster a little and was searching for all of the different ways to lower and still have a nice ride. Does anyone know any information on the springrate of the 250x spring and any info on the shock?

how much do you weigh? im thinking they will have a softer spring than the bigger hondas. i will try to look this up for you.

i could not find anything about the spring rate listed in my books for this quad. do you know if that machine has a linkage style setup that compresses the shock or is it straight to the swingarm, like the blaster?

I just went out to look at it, and the shock is straight to the swingarm. It also looks as if I can only adjust preload so I dont think that I will bother trying to get it to fit my blaster even though I want it just a touch lower. I dont race tt or anything. I just ride wheelies, drag race friends, the occasional trail, and slide around in fields. I'll figure out something better.

the spring rate would probably be pretty close then. i bet it would do ok, besides being lower. but if you want it lowered anyway might beworth trying. you could always throw some bolts through it to get it on there. get an idea of the ride height dofference and see how it feels.

I was looking at hondas trx450r shock which has some adjustability. I found an 08 450r shock for $70 and it is longer than the 04-05 450r shock. does anybody know how much longer of a swingarm i would need to not have my 04 blaster sitting stinkbug stanced or should i look for an 04-05 rear shock.

besides the resevoir offset is there any other advantages to using the 400ex shock? both shocks can be had for the same amount. and the 450r resevoir just needs a bracket cut off the frame to be able to work.

The banshee front shocks do make a lil improvement but I was wondering does a banshee rear shock replace the blaster rear shock?:-/