CFM Airbox

burndout

Jan 23, 2011
Tulsa, Oklahoma
About to get an aftermarket air box, CFM seems to be the way to go.

What are negative issues you all have ran into? Fitment in the frame, fitting carb, mud getting in, etc... anyone have ANY issues with these?

I love mine, but i didnt like the piece of round stock they have you "wedge" between your frame rails to keep in place however. I did away with it but thats my only complaint. Otherwise just make sure you tell them your carb size and brand so you get the correct adapter boot. Also find the or best offer listing and offer 75. Thats what i got mine for. Hope it helps

I don't have one so I can't really give any input on it. The only thing that I can offer is a little info given to me. I've heard from many people if you do $75 on the best offer on eBay , he will sell for that. You do have to pay shipping on top of that but still comes out a good bit cheaper then the $119. You will have to buy the filter extra. Look around on prices. It's cheaper to buy it somewhere else.

Excellent info, so with the 75 offer the free shipping goes out the window?

I've heard a few people ask about this 'wedge'. Can you shed a little light on what this is? Does it not bolt in?

I got it for 75 but i also just grabbed the filter from him too i had to pay shipping for the filter and it came out to be about the same as list. On the left side it will bolt in through a mount that is already on your frame. On the right they use this piece of round aluminum stock that is cut to length and has a hole cut through it to slide a bolt through and secure it to the airbox. It is supposed to just stay in place if you push hard enough but bahh. I took mine off, cut two small parallel slits in the box and ran a screw strap through the box and around the frame.