CFM Airbox Dimensions

Blaner

Your Friendly South African Ambassador
Mar 26, 2008
East London, South Africa
Im looking for someone with a CFM box to help me out with measuring it up and giving me the dimensions, IE: length, width, pipe O/D, I/D, length of pipe, angle of bends etc.

Thinking of fabbing one up.

any help and pics would be appreciated..!

I have some pics of it mounted.
cfm-box-(1).jpg

cfm-box-(2).jpg

cfm-box-(3).jpg

cfm-box-(4).jpg

cfm-box-(5).jpg

Now dimensions, I'll do my best here as far as angles your on your own with that!

Length- 9"
Width- 6.25"
Depth- 6.50"
My 2" tube is 3.25" from top of the box to the center of that 2" tube and 3" from bottom of the box to the center of that 2" tube and first section of tube is straight out stick out inside 1.25" to put a pod filter on.

All of the tube fittings appear to be cut at a 45* angle, I can measure each section at it's longest length if that would help? Let me know!!!

Last edited:
wow ok thanks Slick, thats just what im looking for, those angles do look 45 but i can measure them in photoshop or il print the pic and measure with a protractor.

What would help even more is if you could get some shots of the lid, the box without the lid with the filter on.

Also, like you mentioned, the longest length of the pipe for the various pieces.

i see one frame mounting point on the side, where are the other ones?

Maybe even a shot of what you do at the carb end, if its not a hassle, just a silicone hose?

This shouldnt be hard to make, although perhaps staineless steel would be easier to work with and weld.

i hope to get to putting one together soon! :)

wow ok thanks Slick, thats just what im looking for, those angles do look 45 but i can measure them in photoshop or il print the pic and measure with a protractor.

What would help even more is if you could get some shots of the lid, the box without the lid with the filter on.

Also, like you mentioned, the longest length of the pipe for the various pieces.

I see one frame mounting point on the side, where are the other ones?

Maybe even a shot of what you do at the carb end, if its not a hassle, just a silicone hose?

This shouldnt be hard to make, although perhaps staineless steel would be easier to work with and weld.

i hope to get to putting one together soon! :)

No problem, I'll get ya a pic of it off the quad too lid removed, blah blah blah, give me a little bit. Definetly easy to make if you can get some metal on the cheap!

It mounts on each side. and yes I use a silicone boot to connect to the carb.

Here's a few pics... :p :p

exhaust side mount- I did weld a braket for this-
CFMairboxdimensions18.jpg

Inside-
CFMairboxdimensions17.jpg

the tubing sections-
CFMairboxdimensions16.jpg

CFMairboxdimensions15.jpg

CFMairboxdimensions14.jpg

CFMairboxdimensions13.jpg

CFMairboxdimensions12.jpg

CFMairboxdimensions11.jpg

Good going slick! Have some rep!!!

@Blaner: You probably already will do this, but make sure you post pics when your finished. AND give us the details on how it was done. I'm also interested in fabbing up my own.

I better see one done by Jan 1st and mounted by Jan 2nd! I:II:II:I

haha il try my best, but going to do a skid guard first, then im off the GF in plettenberg bay!, her dad is pretty sharp with his welding so maybe i can get around to doing it there!

after that, im off the the Wildcoast for a few weeks where il ride the guts out the blasty:) il prob only tackle the box after that, round Jan 10!