carrier bearings ?

you cant go wrong with either PivotWorks or AllBalls, both make great bearings. pivotworks are a little more expensive but better IMO.

remember that 88-02 are different from 03-06

theres brands or companys called moto 4 and boss bearings for cheap like 9 bucks plus shipping others are calling them rear wheel bearings

does anyone have the specific bearing size?

i actaully have a place local that sells nothing but bearings

these are the "boss bearings" i have in both my bikes
had 2 seasons on mine(i run a rad carrier now), and on the 3rd season on my sons, pick the seal, pack bearing with waterproof grease, and add a grease zerk to the carrier to keep it full of grease and water/dirt out
don't get much more inexpensive than this, "GET SOME BALLS"...................

Rear Axle Bearings Seals Yamaha Blaster YFS200 1988-02 | eBay

Last edited by a moderator:
these are the "boss bearings" i have in both my bikes
had 2 seasons on mine(i run a rad carrier now), and on the 3rd season on my sons, pick the seal, pack bearing with waterproof grease, and add a grease zerk to the carrier to keep it full of grease and water/dirt out
don't get much more inexpensive than this, "GET SOME BALLS"...................

Rear Axle Bearings Seals Yamaha Blaster YFS200 1988-02 | eBay

I've used those bearings before with good results. They're just bearings and seal but they work and that's what matters.

im going to go ahead with the boss bearings set. with the added greese fitting do u leave the seal on the bearing or what .

Like Awk said, take the seal out, pack the bearing with grease and the replace the seal.

i pick the seal, repack the bearing with good blue or red waterproof grease, replace the seal (i say ...just in case water gets into the carrier, it won't get in the bearing) and keep the carrier full of grease to help keep water out

here's how i do it ...............

http://www.blasterforum.com/do-yourself-20/wheres-grease-40007/

I use Lucas Red'n Tacky #2. It's a GREAT "mechanical" grease for bearings and gears. Nearly completely waterproof and also not clay based!

Red 'N' Tacky Grease : Lucas Oil

I pack that through the bearings until it starts to squish all out all over everywhere. Makes a royal mess but cures bearing wearing out in a year problems....

I've never added a extra zerk to the carrier assembly. Basically never felt the need although it does make sense to take up the space so water can't get in there....I fear it would make more of a mess than I want to deal with when it does finally come time to take the carrier apart or axle out. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for all the help guys. im not sure if im going to tap a zerk into the carrier or not because as much as i dont want to replace the bearings again i probably will because i manage to break everything and anything sooner or later.. i like to ride hard lol

yup anti seize is pretty much a given , im used to building drag bike and cars lol . by any-chance does anyone know a round about life span of carrier bearings . given ill pretty much ride everything a few times a year (mud,water ,sand ,hard pack, clay ) im usually pretty anal about cleaning and maintaining my rides . i wash and grease pretty much everything after each outing weather it be a few hours or ten minutes

yup anti seize is pretty much a given , im used to building drag bike and cars lol . by any-chance does anyone know a round about life span of carrier bearings . given ill pretty much ride everything a few times a year (mud,water ,sand ,hard pack, clay ) im usually pretty anal about cleaning and maintaining my rides . i wash and grease pretty much everything after each outing weather it be a few hours or ten minutes

depends on how hard u ride.... if u ride hard, but take care of it, maybee about 3-4 years.... if u ride hard, and dont take care, probs 1 race season to 1 year, and if u dont ride hard, and its like farm work, 9 years lol. i just replaced my carrier bearings on my 01 blaster, and the owner b4 me took care of it, and used it for farm work. when i replaced them, it was still the stock bearings..... i was surprised!