Carb Part missing. What is this?

I believe that is use to keep the fuel from sloshing around the main jet. Kind of a feul keeper so the main doesn't run out of fuel.

symtoms , run lean , loss of power,

That's a splash shield for the main and pilot jets. The shield prevents too much fuel from being forced into the jets as the carb is smacked and bounced around while riding. In other words, it's there to keep the engine from surging and running rich/dying out when you hit bumps and the fuel in the bowl sloshes around.

You shouldn't have running problems with the splash shield missing until you start riding rough. If the engine won't idle just sitting there, you've got other problems. Dirty or wrong-sized pilot jet, airscrew set wrong, idle speed screw set wrong, clogged air filter, air leak somewhere...

That's what its called! I couldn't for the life of me remember. And I see i was wrong in saying it use. My bad.

Hello All,

Thanks for the reply,
The quad ran great for the last year but would never idle. I bought this used and never screwed with it since it ran good. Looking a the diagrams, This part was missing but I also noticed I have NO PILOT JET. I dont ride this much but finally decided to find out why it did not idle. I ordered a rebuild kit and will order the part Thanks again

Chuck
ATL.

C1AA89DE-287B-4278-A9A8-281ECD107287.jpeg
Hi, I’m new to the site and looking for direction. Ripped down my carb to rebuild and this ‘splash shield’ fell out when I removed the bowl. Unfortunately, I am now unsure of its proper orientation while reinstalling.

Here is what I believe to be correct. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks all!