carb or exhaust?

x-man

Jan 28, 2016
iv got a stock blaster what should i do ferst a aftermarket exhaust or a upgraded MIKUNI carb??? i plan on sending my flywheel to O'Connor next month to get lightind

EXHAUST! The difference is night and day. SERIOUSLY!

Only need carb once you start modding. Also the stock carb is great for exhaust like fmf or dmc. If you want bottom end go with fmf or dmc I prefer dmc :p top end go toomey. I'm also gonna get my flywheel done very soon since is cold lol. It will go beautifully with my v4's and dmc exhaust.

Reactions: dirtysquared
I'd hit up the mods in this order. Timing advance, Pipe, Port, Carb, Reeds, Head. I'd keep the flywheel stock(because im fat). That additional torque when shifting through the gears is nice. It has a lot more inertia, there for it will keep your rpms higher when you shift. It does take a little longer to rev up.

The timing advance can be done for free if your handy with tools. It can yield a couple of HP.

What type of riding to you like to do? trail? mx? dunes? drag? flat track? demolishing derby?

I'd hit up the mods in this order. Timing advance, Pipe, Port, Carb, Reeds, Head. I'd keep the flywheel stock(because im fat). That additional torque when shifting through the gears is nice. It has a lot more inertia, there for it will keep your rpms higher when you shift. It does take a little longer to rev up.

The timing advance can be done for free if your handy with tools. It can yield a couple of HP.

What type of riding to you like to do? trail? mx? dunes? drag? flat track? demolishing derby?
trails n mx but this is a pretty Old Post as of now I have the exhaust and jetting done no Advance on the timing

The Toomey B1 is an all round pipe and works very well with a 26-28mm carb.

For top end you need to get a right bend pipe and use a 34-35mm carb.

Exhaust, only because stock pipes sound like sh*t. The aftermarket pipes sound amazing and you'll just want to ride it more.

I have 240 kit fmf uni pod filter and my reeds will be here this week and I have a stock carb with 310 mean and it rips.