Carb float gets stuck

Chaotic

Jan 19, 2021
I’m having problems with my carb where all of the fuel overflows out of the side tube and the bottom tube. I try to adjust the float by bending the metal tab upwards and it gets stuck like in the video. Also I’ve tested my needle seat oring, and the needle and they don’t leak. When I push the float up by hand the gas stops flowing which I’m thinking meaning it’s just the float height that’s causing the issue.
(Won’t let me add the link)
https://youtube.com/shorts/4rUz8g_yDgo?feature=share

Clean the float seat area. the ethanol in the fuel leaves deposits when left to evaporate.
Clean seat with a q tip and aluminum wheel polish or tooth paste till q tips are clean. No ring. On it
Clean carb and try. Ussualy works unless needle is bad.
You sure there is no wear on the rubber on float needle.

Clean the float seat area. the ethanol in the fuel leaves deposits when left to evaporate.
Clean seat with a q tip and aluminum wheel polish or tooth paste till q tips are clean. No ring. On it
Clean carb and try. Ussualy works unless needle is bad.
You sure there is no wear on the rubber on float needle.
I have a replacement needle, I will install that in a couple of hours. I also noticed that sometimes that the top of the float needle where the spring is it gets stuck at a certain angle. I also just did the q tip with toothpaste.