Carb Float Adjustment

snafu

Jan 31, 2009
Ok guys I need some help with the "how to" on adjusting the float assem on my sons blaster. I followed the link thats posted in the DYI and it has alot of info in it but the procedure isnt done with a blaster carb any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

The way that I do this is to remove the carb and the screws that hold the bowl on. While holding the carb in my hand, attatch the fuel line to the carb and while holding the bowl onto the carb, turn on the fuel. Give it time to fill up then remove the hose from the carb. Take the fuel in the bowl and transfer it to a container, remove the bowl, put the fuel that you saved in that container back into the bowl to measure the amount that the floats let into the carb before shutting off. You need at least 1/2 a bowl to operate. Then adjust the tab to achieve the proper height of the fuel.

I need help with the carb on my 2000 blaster...well first off its been sitting for 2 years...so i just drained all the old gas and put fresh in, i refilled all the oil and put a new spark plug in...i can only get it idle for about 10 seconds after i spray some starter fluid in the air filter....so im thinkin the only other thing it can be is the carb is clogged. Can someone give me a step by step on how to take it off and how to clean it...ive never done it before. Thanks for any help you can give me.

I need help with my float adjustment on my OEM carburetor I don’t know if the float is to high or low but when I turn my gas on it pours out of my overflow tube. I replaced my petcock and put a fuel filter on it and replaced the old hose it was perfectly fine and gave me no problems until the next day and I put the original hose on it and gas still poured out my overflow tube my float isn’t stuck I’ve tooken it apart and it was spotless in the bowl and carb itself. But I don’t understand why I’m having this issue now with my float and gas pouring out my overflow tube. Someone please let me know ASAP on how to fix my issue I appreciate it

My blaster has always had a similar issue after sitting with the fuel petcock off for even the smallest amount of time. Guessing the needle must get hung up for some reason. After many failed fixes, I now just expect it and have a screw driver ready when time to warm my machine up after it's been sitting.

My process is this: Turn on petcock, count to 25....will start leaking around 20, turn petcock off. Using screwdriver handle, tap 3-4 times on the carb bowl, turn carb on and go rip. Been this way for years.

Last edited: