Carb clean caused problems

Conner Jones

Dec 16, 2018
I noticed my stock blaster was running a little rich i think because it was bogging a little when i punched the throttle, so I cleaned the air filter and took apart the carb and cleaned it. When i put everything back together, now the bike starts and everything like normal. It no longer feels like its bogging but it now instead feels like it revs up but doesnt put as much power to the wheels. The heels used to spin on dirt when I hit the throttle, now the engine just revs up fast but the tires dont even spin out. What could have happened?

Last edited:
you removed the pilot and main jets and spayed thru with carb cleaner and compressed air ?
Float height correct ?
airscrew setting ?
brass washer under the main jet ?
needle clip in middle position ?

you removed the pilot and main jets and spayed thru with carb cleaner and compressed air ?
Float height correct ?
airscrew setting ?
brass washer under the main jet ?
needle clip in middle position ?
Yes all of that is correct, except I did not see a washer under the main jet. There is supposed to be one? Will that affect anything?

Brass washer goes under the main jet, it's possible it stayed stuck in the carb, or fell off while cleaning and you didn't notice it ?
but it definitely needs to be there as it holds the main jet down into the fuel at the correct level, and also holds the needle jet nozzle down into the carb body

#10 on the parts diagram
https://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/2001-yamaha-blaster-200-yfs200n-carburetor/o/m145851sch104690

ya6642_10.gif

Ok I will order that. But would that be what is causing my blaster to feel like the clutch is slipping?. It seems like the clutch is not fully disengaging but I dont see how it could actually be the clutch seeing as this suddenly started right after i rebuilt the carb. I also noticed that the carb sits almost on top of the little clutch actuator thing. Could this be causing any problems? I seem to remember it always being like that though.

pics of carb to actuator clearance ?