Cant get crank bearimg installed in the gearbox side of the case even after the heat and freezing

Bigmann1986

Jun 1, 2018
My gearside of the crank wont install into my case even after freezimg the crank and heatimg the case. I already have a puller tool for the stator side but it does me no good on the other side, im about to just use the extra nut from my parts engineb grimd it down and install the crank using that nut with my crank puller tool if nobody can help

How did you heat the case ? What temperature? Did this bearing come out of that case?

I pop the case in the oven low, 170/200* , freeze the crank day and a half. I have had to pull that side. I used a harmonic balancer puller, case has same two holes as stator side case.

You shouldn't use a torch on the case, could warp it.

The crank sat in the freezer for about 3 days because i was catching up on repairs for clients and the case was pretty hot also, i didnt use a temp gun but any more and i wouldve caused damage so i gave up on that idea. I have two engines because one had a broken case so i was thinking about grinding down the extra nut so it fits in my crank install tool and just pulling that side threw also

i got it installed without a issue by using a nut from a junk engine and grinding the hex into a circle to fit my install tool, the crank slid right in both sides eithout a issue and the engine is now running.

Reactions: Larry's Shee