Can someone grab a tape measure....

Coralkong

Jan 2, 2012
and tell me what the stock width is between the back frame bolts for a '04 Blaster where the grab bar mounts?

I ordered a replacement rear grab bar off of Ebay that is WAAAAAAY off (like, close to 2" off) and just want to include the info for the guy, so if he says he will replace it with the right one, I want to make sure it measures up correctly.

Thanks in advance!

send the dude a pic of it held in place showing the extra width !!!!!!!!!!

Yeah....this part isn't right. Isn't even close.

Now, there was a little rear end damage when I bought it, so I know that the measurement could be "tweaked" and a little bit off, but this isn't right at all. (Hence, why I asked for someone with a cherry bike to measure it up for me.)

This bar is not "offset" and obvioiusly, the correct bar needs to be offset to mate up right.

I hate when this kind of crap happens.
Ebay....some days you win, some days you lose.

Hopefully, the guy won't jerk me around when I go to return it.

I found one that looks like it will work (ie, someone didn't make it in their basement) for $45, and it is actually offset to mate up correctly.
Think I will give that a shot.

there are blasty grab bars that aren't offset, but they sit crooked when installed,

if the dude jacks you around, you may be able to use some aluminum spacers, i get them at ace hardware

Thought about that....using washers and longer bolts.

But then it will sit unequally spaced when you look at it from the back....it was only $41, so hopefully if I eat the $10 to ship it back, he'll do the right thing.....

We shall see.

get us a pic of it too, so we can see what you're dealing with, you say it was hit ???

I will get some pics tomorrow morning.

Just bought this Blaster.

Runs great. Everything works fine.....

Missing back grab bar and tail-light. Obviously rolled over at some point, but I can deal with that......

Just need the right parts to fix it. The grab bar I got is a straight-up welded rectangle. The bolts are offset on the Blaster, meaning the bar needs to be off-set, if that makes any sense. I will post pics tomorrow or first time I get a chance......you'll see what I mean when I post the pics. A straight-up rectangular bar isn't going to fit. The brackets need to be off-set so to center the bar and so the bolts line up.

Sorry if this isn't clear, and/or articulate.

makes perfect sense, since i have had a few of both.
some offset, some don't and look retarded from behind,
but they do make both styles

Grab bars don't mount equally. Left side mounts inside & right side mounts outside.They aren't offset either. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
what was the outcome of contacting the seller, i see he sales the same brab bar for a bunch of different quads, prolly just grabbed and shipped the wrong one ???

BTW......thats "snyder motorsports" a well respected seller, they'll make it right !!!!

UPDATE:

The guy is totally cool. He is sending me out another one with a return postage-paid sticker in the box to send the current one back.

He actually took pictures of it mounted to a Blaster frame in his shop to sort of "show me how it's supposed to fit".

Can't ask for any more than that.

He could have made me send this one back before sending me out another one, which would have sucked, but I would have understood that......
Nah, sh*t happens. I got the wrong one. He's making it right and paying for return shipping for the wrong one.

Good stuff.

sweet
told ya snyder is good peoples !!!!